A very cloudy sky welcomed the Moto2 riders this morning at the Termas de Río Hondo circuit and the rain then began to descend on the Argentine track, dictating the morning session and the qualifying in the afternoon. The rain that went down sometimes made the track neither too wet nor too dry, raising the difficulty level of the session.
Danny Kent worked with his crew during the qualifying to find the set-up suitable for the track conditions and it was in the last minutes of the session that he snatched an amazing third place during the last lap of the qualifying and tomorrow he will start from the first row of the grid.
DANNY KENT#52 – 3rd in 1’56.536
“I am very happy with my first front row start in the Moto2 class and I am happy to do it with the MB Conveyors-Speed Up Racing Team. I already knew from FP3 I had a good feeling in the rain but I just needed a few things changing with the bike. My crew did a great job and gave me a great bike for qualifying. Now we have to wait and see what the weather will be for tomorrow, but either way I am happy and very motivated for tomorrow!”
- Rain master Scholtz takes COTA Race 1
- All American: home heroes on home turf
- Blast off for KTM in Austin
- Crutchlow: “We have better pace than guys around us”
- 10 reasons to watch the AmericasGP
- Front row qualifying for "surprised" McPhee
- Rossi: the man with the race pace?
- Iannone takes a front row and starring role in the drama
- Sparks fly as Viñales leads the rebellion at the AmericasGP!
- Masterful Marquez edges out Lowes in QP