The rain finally appeared during the second day at Termas de Río Hondo in Argentina. Despite these tricky conditions, Sam Lowes, who crashed twice in the final free practice session at turn 13, managed to jump to the sixth place in the qualifying practice with a lap time of 1’56.830, 0.693s off the pole position.
The Moto2 riders will be back on track on Sunday for the warm-up, which will precede the second race of the 2018 campaign which will start at 13:20 local time.
Sam Lowes (6th – 1’56.830):
“I’m very happy, especially from the bike side. We made some changes between the last free practice session and the qualifying session which improved my feeling. I had more speed in the middle of the corners, and it helped me a lot on the exits. We missed a little time at the end, but it’s okay under those conditions. Our goal was to finish on the first two rows and we made it. My pace is rather fast on both dry and wet. I feel much better than in Qatar and I’m looking forward for the race day.”
- Brothers, sisters and winners
- Successful Sachsenring Sunday for Smith and KTM
- Lorenzo: “We made a mistake on the settings”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Role reversal in Race 2: Can beats Deniz Öncü
- Viñales: "We were one of the strongest at the end"
- King of the Ring: Marquez secures 9th overall German GP win!
- Brilliant Binder takes maiden Moto2™ win