The rain finally appeared during the second day at Termas de Río Hondo in Argentina. Despite these tricky conditions, Sam Lowes, who crashed twice in the final free practice session at turn 13, managed to jump to the sixth place in the qualifying practice with a lap time of 1’56.830, 0.693s off the pole position.
The Moto2 riders will be back on track on Sunday for the warm-up, which will precede the second race of the 2018 campaign which will start at 13:20 local time.
Sam Lowes (6th – 1’56.830):
“I’m very happy, especially from the bike side. We made some changes between the last free practice session and the qualifying session which improved my feeling. I had more speed in the middle of the corners, and it helped me a lot on the exits. We missed a little time at the end, but it’s okay under those conditions. Our goal was to finish on the first two rows and we made it. My pace is rather fast on both dry and wet. I feel much better than in Qatar and I’m looking forward for the race day.”
- A promising start to preseason for MotoE™
- 2019 Asia Talent Cup calendar and entry list released
- Grand Prix Commission make important changes to 2019 rules
- MotoGP™ wins Best Multiscreen HbbTV Service Award
- Moto3™: rider changes aplenty ahead of 2019
- Marquez undergoes successful surgery on left shoulder
- Lorenzo and Marquez undergo surgery
- Moto2™: their preseason so far
- FIM announce Jorge Viegas as President
- FIM Gala: 2018 World Champions celebrated in Andorra