Despite a slightly wet track, the second race of the season at Termas de Río Hondo in Argentina was declared dry.
On slick tyres, Sam Lowes, who started from sixth place on the grid, was in the leading group for some time before he lost ground to his rivals due to Xavi Vierge passing him a little too optimistically as he was in third place. The British rider, who later had some difficulties with the front of his bike, still managed to score three points.
The two Swiss Innovative Investors KTM team’s riders are now heading to the United States for the third round of the season at Austin.
Sam Lowes (13th):
“Of course I’m upset with the result because we should have finished much better. I fought for the top five shortly after the start before having a problem with another rider. After mid-race, I had some problems and I couldn’t close the gap. I just tried to finish and score points after Qatar’s disappointment. This weekend we showed we were fast, no matter the conditions. We’ve made a big step forward and the season is long.”
- Rain master Scholtz takes COTA Race 1
- All American: home heroes on home turf
- Blast off for KTM in Austin
- Crutchlow: “We have better pace than guys around us”
- 10 reasons to watch the AmericasGP
- Front row qualifying for "surprised" McPhee
- Rossi: the man with the race pace?
- Iannone takes a front row and starring role in the drama
- Sparks fly as Viñales leads the rebellion at the AmericasGP!
- Masterful Marquez edges out Lowes in QP