Despite a slightly wet track, the second race of the season at Termas de Río Hondo in Argentina was declared dry.
On slick tyres, Sam Lowes, who started from sixth place on the grid, was in the leading group for some time before he lost ground to his rivals due to Xavi Vierge passing him a little too optimistically as he was in third place. The British rider, who later had some difficulties with the front of his bike, still managed to score three points.
The two Swiss Innovative Investors KTM team’s riders are now heading to the United States for the third round of the season at Austin.
Sam Lowes (13th):
“Of course I’m upset with the result because we should have finished much better. I fought for the top five shortly after the start before having a problem with another rider. After mid-race, I had some problems and I couldn’t close the gap. I just tried to finish and score points after Qatar’s disappointment. This weekend we showed we were fast, no matter the conditions. We’ve made a big step forward and the season is long.”
- Brothers, sisters and winners
- Successful Sachsenring Sunday for Smith and KTM
- Lorenzo: “We made a mistake on the settings”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Role reversal in Race 2: Can beats Deniz Öncü
- Viñales: "We were one of the strongest at the end"
- King of the Ring: Marquez secures 9th overall German GP win!
- Brilliant Binder takes maiden Moto2™ win