The Argentine Grand Prix weekend in Circuito Termas de Rio Hondo was all about mixed weather conditions. Exactly like last year, riders and teams had faced a changeable weather forecast and raced the weekend under constant threat of light showers.
CIP-Green Power riders John McPhee and Makar Yurchenko both showed positive pace on dry during FP1, though qualifying practice caught up riders with unexpected rain and no chance to improve later on – as a result 22nd for John McPhee and 28th on a starting grid for Makar Yurchenko.
With a good race start, John made it to the 13th position on the lap 11, but got into a block of bikes and lost few positions. It was a close-fought race for points where John finished in 17th place and 6th in the general event sheets for maximum speed.
“Overall it was not an easy weekend, followed by a difficult race and tracking conditions. We seemed to be quite fast in the beginning of the weekend on dry, and showed good improvement on the warm up session. During race I tried to ride best way possible, but I was caught up by other riders’ crashes and dropped few important positions to finish in points. Looking ahead we have some job to do for the race in USA, as I know we are capable to do more and better”.
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019
- A promising start to preseason for MotoE™
- 2019 Asia Talent Cup calendar and entry list released