The Argentine Grand Prix weekend in Circuito Termas de Rio Hondo was all about mixed weather conditions. Exactly like last year, riders and teams had faced a changeable weather forecast and raced the weekend under constant threat of light showers.
CIP-Green Power riders John McPhee and Makar Yurchenko both showed positive pace on dry during FP1, though qualifying practice caught up riders with unexpected rain and no chance to improve later on – as a result 22nd for John McPhee and 28th on a starting grid for Makar Yurchenko.
With a good race start, John made it to the 13th position on the lap 11, but got into a block of bikes and lost few positions. It was a close-fought race for points where John finished in 17th place and 6th in the general event sheets for maximum speed.
“Overall it was not an easy weekend, followed by a difficult race and tracking conditions. We seemed to be quite fast in the beginning of the weekend on dry, and showed good improvement on the warm up session. During race I tried to ride best way possible, but I was caught up by other riders’ crashes and dropped few important positions to finish in points. Looking ahead we have some job to do for the race in USA, as I know we are capable to do more and better”.
- “Main goal is to secure a factory seat” – Miller
- British Talent Cup get set for Silverstone season opener
- “I knew he’d get there at some point, just not that quick!”
- Ducati’s double title charge
- Aprilia, Ducati, KTM, Suzuki and Yamaha go testing
- Josh Herrin nails down victory at COTA
- Puig: “We don’t know what happened to Lorenzo”
- How do you connect with MotoGP™?
- Quartararo: The not-so-rookie, rookie
- Viñales penalty: a victory costing mistake?