The Argentine Grand Prix weekend in Circuito Termas de Rio Hondo was all about mixed weather conditions. Exactly like last year, riders and teams had faced a changeable weather forecast and raced the weekend under constant threat of light showers.
CIP-Green Power riders John McPhee and Makar Yurchenko both showed positive pace on dry during FP1, though qualifying practice caught up riders with unexpected rain and no chance to improve later on – as a result 22nd for John McPhee and 28th on a starting grid for Makar Yurchenko.
With a good race start, John made it to the 13th position on the lap 11, but got into a block of bikes and lost few positions. It was a close-fought race for points where John finished in 17th place and 6th in the general event sheets for maximum speed.
“Overall it was not an easy weekend, followed by a difficult race and tracking conditions. We seemed to be quite fast in the beginning of the weekend on dry, and showed good improvement on the warm up session. During race I tried to ride best way possible, but I was caught up by other riders’ crashes and dropped few important positions to finish in points. Looking ahead we have some job to do for the race in USA, as I know we are capable to do more and better”.
- Marquez tops testing in Barcelona
- Best finish yet: Pedrosa fights back to fifth
- Catalunya: a challenge for the rookies
- Two Wheels for Life Paddock Experience day: Catalunya
- Marquez: “It was time to be smart and think”
- Action continues in Barcelona for one-day Official Test
- Barcelona: best photos from the Catalan GP
- Lorenzo hammers home his pace with sublime win
- Mr consistent: Rossi continues podium streak in Barcelona
- Lorenzo: "Two months ago this seemed impossible"