Despite a rainy morning, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona were once again in front in the final free practice session, ending in third and sixth respectively.
The British rider, who finished twice on the podium, including a win, in Texas, confirmed his pace during qualifying by moving up his KTM to the top a few minutes before dropping down to second behind Álex Márquez before the chequered flag.
Both Swiss Innovative Investors KTM team’s riders were pleased with their performance and are looking forward to the race tomorrow.
Sam Lowes (2nd – 2’10.744):
“Overall, I am pretty happy. The main goal is always trying to start from the front row, because this is important on the first laps. We’ve been fast at every session since the beginning of the weekend. We still have a few things to do on the bike for the race, but the team has done a great job and we have a good pace. If we can confirm it during the warm-up, we’ll be ready for our first win.”
- Schrötter tops rain-affected Moto2™ Friday morning session
- Dovizioso heads Crutchlow and Zarco in FP1
- Lorenzo withdraws from Motul Grand Prix of Japan
- Kornfeil fastest as action gets underway in Japan
- 1000 Grand Prix career points in sight for Crutchlow
- The Little Samurai's last Japanese joust
- Marquez vs Dovi: who will shine brightest in Japan?
- Marc Marquez will be Champion if...
- Rossi eager for confirmation of Yamaha improvements in Japan
- Dovizioso: “I’m looking forward to a rematch with Marc”