Despite a rainy morning, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona were once again in front in the final free practice session, ending in third and sixth respectively.
The British rider, who finished twice on the podium, including a win, in Texas, confirmed his pace during qualifying by moving up his KTM to the top a few minutes before dropping down to second behind Álex Márquez before the chequered flag.
Both Swiss Innovative Investors KTM team’s riders were pleased with their performance and are looking forward to the race tomorrow.
Sam Lowes (2nd – 2’10.744):
“Overall, I am pretty happy. The main goal is always trying to start from the front row, because this is important on the first laps. We’ve been fast at every session since the beginning of the weekend. We still have a few things to do on the bike for the race, but the team has done a great job and we have a good pace. If we can confirm it during the warm-up, we’ll be ready for our first win.”
- The 2019 Mission Winnow Ducati team presented at Neuchâtel
- In pictures: Ducati Team 2019
- SHARK Helmets to title sponsor French GP for three years
- Follow Ducati Team's presentation live!
- 2019 team presentations: all the dates
- Pedrosa to undergo surgery
- "I am very proud to belong to this family"
- Best photos: 2018 season
- Interrupted races: the rules evolve
- Massimo Rivola to be Aprilia Racing CEO