There was a bit of frustration in the CGBM Evolution’s squad as Sam Lowes made a mistake in the opening lap. The British rider, who started from the front row, crashed while battling in the leading group. He was still able to get back on his KTM to finish the race in 24th place.
The two Swiss Innovative Investors KTM team’s riders will be back on track in Andalusia from in two-week time for the first European round of the season.
Sam Lowes (24th):
“I’m obviously upset and sorry for the team because we did a good job all the weekend. The bike was capable of fighting for the podium if not winning the race. I made a mistake on the first lap at turn 16. I went wide to finish on a dusty area of the track. It’s my fault, and I’m really disappointed. We just have to keep working to make a step forward in Jerez.”
- A promising start to preseason for MotoE™
- 2019 Asia Talent Cup calendar and entry list released
- Grand Prix Commission make important changes to 2019 rules
- MotoGP™ wins Best Multiscreen HbbTV Service Award
- Moto3™: rider changes aplenty ahead of 2019
- Marquez undergoes successful surgery on left shoulder
- Lorenzo and Marquez undergo surgery
- Moto2™: their preseason so far
- FIM announce Jorge Viegas as President
- FIM Gala: 2018 World Champions celebrated in Andorra