There was a bit of frustration in the CGBM Evolution’s squad as Sam Lowes made a mistake in the opening lap. The British rider, who started from the front row, crashed while battling in the leading group. He was still able to get back on his KTM to finish the race in 24th place.
The two Swiss Innovative Investors KTM team’s riders will be back on track in Andalusia from in two-week time for the first European round of the season.
Sam Lowes (24th):
“I’m obviously upset and sorry for the team because we did a good job all the weekend. The bike was capable of fighting for the podium if not winning the race. I made a mistake on the first lap at turn 16. I went wide to finish on a dusty area of the track. It’s my fault, and I’m really disappointed. We just have to keep working to make a step forward in Jerez.”
- British Talent Cup Selection Event candidates shortlisted
- Half-term report: Aki Ajo on the first half of 2018
- Nick Harris on Pedrosa's pure bad luck
- Multicoloured masterpiece: 2018 Misano poster released!
- Alex Marquez remains at EG 0,0 Marc VDS Moto2™ in 2019
- Yamaha MotoGP Team and Monster join forces from 2019
- Brothers, sisters and winners
- Successful Sachsenring Sunday for Smith and KTM
- Lorenzo: “We made a mistake on the settings”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"