There was a bit of frustration in the CGBM Evolution’s squad as Sam Lowes made a mistake in the opening lap. The British rider, who started from the front row, crashed while battling in the leading group. He was still able to get back on his KTM to finish the race in 24th place.
The two Swiss Innovative Investors KTM team’s riders will be back on track in Andalusia from in two-week time for the first European round of the season.
Sam Lowes (24th):
“I’m obviously upset and sorry for the team because we did a good job all the weekend. The bike was capable of fighting for the podium if not winning the race. I made a mistake on the first lap at turn 16. I went wide to finish on a dusty area of the track. It’s my fault, and I’m really disappointed. We just have to keep working to make a step forward in Jerez.”
- Bagnaia tops FP2, Schrötter remains quickest overall
- Marquez resists Ducati charge on Day 1
- Red Bull Rookies Champion eligible for Moto3™ ride in 2018
- Bastianini bolts to the top on Friday in Aragon
- FIM withdraws Romano Fenati's licence
- Schrötter leads Bagnaia, Lowes in Moto2™ FP1
- MotoStudent grand final approaches
- Dominant Dovi leads Ducati quartet in FP1
- Kornfeil, Rodrigo fastest but both suffer late crashes
- Marquez vs Dovizioso vs Lorenzo moves into MotorLand