The Beta Tools-Speed Up Racing team riders will start from the fourth and sixth row – Danny Kent leading the way in 11th – in the Gran Premio Red Bull de España race, which will be held tomorrow at 12.20 at the Jerez de la Frontera circuit.
In the FP3 held in the morning, Danny Kent was tenth in 1’42.687, while teammate Quartararo reached the sixteenth position in 1’42.860 focusing mainly on the race pace.
In the afternoon, the temperature rose changing the track conditions. After some setting changes made in the initial part of the session, ten minutes before the end the two riders came out on track with the new tyre in search of the fastest lap.
Danny marked the eleventh time in 1’42.480, just 5 tenths from the first. Quartararo, stuck in the traffic on track, qualified eighteenth with the time obtained in the seventh lap of the qualifying, 1’42.797.
DANNY KENT#52 – 11th in 1’42.480
“I am happy with qualifying, p11 is not the best but we have to look how close we are from p4 which is only 0.1! Lap times here are close, the team have done a good job and now I have better feeling with the bike. Tomorrow is important to get a good start to have a good result. I am feeling confident!”
- British Talent Cup Selection Event candidates shortlisted
- Half-term report: Aki Ajo on the first half of 2018
- Nick Harris on Pedrosa's pure bad luck
- Multicoloured masterpiece: 2018 Misano poster released!
- Alex Marquez remains at EG 0,0 Marc VDS Moto2™ in 2019
- Yamaha MotoGP Team and Monster join forces from 2019
- Brothers, sisters and winners
- Successful Sachsenring Sunday for Smith and KTM
- Lorenzo: “We made a mistake on the settings”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"