The Beta Tools-Speed Up Racing team riders will start from the fourth and sixth row – Danny Kent leading the way in 11th – in the Gran Premio Red Bull de España race, which will be held tomorrow at 12.20 at the Jerez de la Frontera circuit.
In the FP3 held in the morning, Danny Kent was tenth in 1’42.687, while teammate Quartararo reached the sixteenth position in 1’42.860 focusing mainly on the race pace.
In the afternoon, the temperature rose changing the track conditions. After some setting changes made in the initial part of the session, ten minutes before the end the two riders came out on track with the new tyre in search of the fastest lap.
Danny marked the eleventh time in 1’42.480, just 5 tenths from the first. Quartararo, stuck in the traffic on track, qualified eighteenth with the time obtained in the seventh lap of the qualifying, 1’42.797.
DANNY KENT#52 – 11th in 1’42.480
“I am happy with qualifying, p11 is not the best but we have to look how close we are from p4 which is only 0.1! Lap times here are close, the team have done a good job and now I have better feeling with the bike. Tomorrow is important to get a good start to have a good result. I am feeling confident!”
- A promising start to preseason for MotoE™
- 2019 Asia Talent Cup calendar and entry list released
- Grand Prix Commission make important changes to 2019 rules
- MotoGP™ wins Best Multiscreen HbbTV Service Award
- Moto3™: rider changes aplenty ahead of 2019
- Marquez undergoes successful surgery on left shoulder
- Lorenzo and Marquez undergo surgery
- Moto2™: their preseason so far
- FIM announce Jorge Viegas as President
- FIM Gala: 2018 World Champions celebrated in Andorra