The Beta Tools-Speed Up Racing team riders will start from the fourth and sixth row – Danny Kent leading the way in 11th – in the Gran Premio Red Bull de España race, which will be held tomorrow at 12.20 at the Jerez de la Frontera circuit.
In the FP3 held in the morning, Danny Kent was tenth in 1’42.687, while teammate Quartararo reached the sixteenth position in 1’42.860 focusing mainly on the race pace.
In the afternoon, the temperature rose changing the track conditions. After some setting changes made in the initial part of the session, ten minutes before the end the two riders came out on track with the new tyre in search of the fastest lap.
Danny marked the eleventh time in 1’42.480, just 5 tenths from the first. Quartararo, stuck in the traffic on track, qualified eighteenth with the time obtained in the seventh lap of the qualifying, 1’42.797.
DANNY KENT#52 – 11th in 1’42.480
“I am happy with qualifying, p11 is not the best but we have to look how close we are from p4 which is only 0.1! Lap times here are close, the team have done a good job and now I have better feeling with the bike. Tomorrow is important to get a good start to have a good result. I am feeling confident!”
- Bagnaia tops FP2, Schrötter remains quickest overall
- Marquez resists Ducati charge on Day 1
- Red Bull Rookies Champion eligible for Moto3™ ride in 2018
- Bastianini bolts to the top on Friday in Aragon
- FIM withdraws Romano Fenati's licence
- Schrötter leads Bagnaia, Lowes in Moto2™ FP1
- MotoStudent grand final approaches
- Dominant Dovi leads Ducati quartet in FP1
- Kornfeil, Rodrigo fastest but both suffer late crashes
- Marquez vs Dovizioso vs Lorenzo moves into MotorLand