After an impressive opening day, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona had to deal with more challenging conditions during the qualifying session of the Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez.
With warmer temperatures compared to Friday, Sam Lowes, winner of the 2016 edition on the same track, completed the day in eighth position and will start from the third row between Xavi Vierge and Romano Fenati. The British rider, who finished less than half a second off the pole position despite a crash, will be aiming to make a good race after a difficult start to the season.
The Moto2 riders will be back on track on Sunday at 12:20 to kick off the fourth race of the season in Andalusia.
Sam Lowes (8th – 1’42.408)
“The conditions were different in qualifying and we suffered more than we expected. The limit was closer compared to the other sessions and we made a mistake. Overall, our weekend was positive. My pace is fast, especially with used tyres. I think we can fight for the podium. I’ll have to make a good start and give everything until the end.”
- British Talent Cup Selection Event candidates shortlisted
- Half-term report: Aki Ajo on the first half of 2018
- Nick Harris on Pedrosa's pure bad luck
- Multicoloured masterpiece: 2018 Misano poster released!
- Alex Marquez remains at EG 0,0 Marc VDS Moto2™ in 2019
- Yamaha MotoGP Team and Monster join forces from 2019
- Brothers, sisters and winners
- Successful Sachsenring Sunday for Smith and KTM
- Lorenzo: “We made a mistake on the settings”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"