Scott Redding finished the qualifying for the Spanish Grand Prix at the Circuito de Jerez with a time of 1’39.918, hindered by a lack of grip today, and he will start from the ninth row.
“We need to try and understand where our problems are coming from. I don’t have grip at the rear in any condition and I can’t push because things get worse. I don’t know if it’s a matter of working on the setup or on tyre choice. Right now the limit is insurmountable. In the morning, with lower temperatures, grip improves a bit, but in race conditions I really struggle to ride. I can’t find any excuses with the track because the other riders manage to be fast and even Aleix has improved a lot from yesterday, so the asphalt conditions are OK.”
- Schrötter tops rain-affected Moto2™ Friday morning session
- Dovizioso heads Crutchlow and Zarco in FP1
- Lorenzo withdraws from Motul Grand Prix of Japan
- Kornfeil fastest as action gets underway in Japan
- 1000 Grand Prix career points in sight for Crutchlow
- The Little Samurai's last Japanese joust
- Marquez vs Dovi: who will shine brightest in Japan?
- Marc Marquez will be Champion if...
- Rossi eager for confirmation of Yamaha improvements in Japan
- Dovizioso: “I’m looking forward to a rematch with Marc”