Perfect weather conditions greeted the Moto2 riders on the starting grid of the Spanish Grand Prix at the iconic Jerez circuit.
After qualifying in eighth position, Sam Lowes was a bit nervous in the first few laps before moving up, just like his team-mate, who started from the sixth row.
Halfway through the race, the British rider, who was seventh, was unable to maintain his advantage over Marcel Schrötter and ended up in eighth.
The two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS team’s riders are thrilled with their performance in Jerez and are now focusing on the next round at Le Mans for the French Grand Prix.
Sam Lowes (8th):
“I have to admit that the pace we had was not what we expected. I was a little nervous because I had to finish. We’re not where we want to be yet, but we’re not that far away. It was a solid race with a Top 10 finish and the team is doing a great job and we are enjoying it.”
- History made at the KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- “It’s a dream come true” – MotoGP™ authorities on KymiRing
- Everyone's a winner: vast and fast, Silverstone awaits
- Marquez vs Moto2™: can the field triumph over the form man?
- Moot point? The Moto3™ duel lands in the UK
- MotoGP™ KymiRing test ready for lift off in Finland
- "Top speed and braking stability are important"
- Fabio Quartararo shares his secrets to a fast lap
- KTM, Red Bull and Ajo Motorsport to continue collaboration