Perfect weather conditions greeted the Moto2 riders on the starting grid of the Spanish Grand Prix at the iconic Jerez circuit.
After qualifying in eighth position, Sam Lowes was a bit nervous in the first few laps before moving up, just like his team-mate, who started from the sixth row.
Halfway through the race, the British rider, who was seventh, was unable to maintain his advantage over Marcel Schrötter and ended up in eighth.
The two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS team’s riders are thrilled with their performance in Jerez and are now focusing on the next round at Le Mans for the French Grand Prix.
Sam Lowes (8th):
“I have to admit that the pace we had was not what we expected. I was a little nervous because I had to finish. We’re not where we want to be yet, but we’re not that far away. It was a solid race with a Top 10 finish and the team is doing a great job and we are enjoying it.”
- Rossi on Triumph era of Moto2™ “a bit bigger, a bit faster”
- MotoE™ test confirmed for Valencia in June
- Horsman strikes back in Race 2 at Silverstone
- Ogden converts pole to victory in a tight season opener
- “Main goal is to secure a factory seat” – Miller
- British Talent Cup get set for Silverstone season opener
- “I knew he’d get there at some point, just not that quick!”
- Ducati’s double title charge
- Aprilia, Ducati, KTM, Suzuki and Yamaha go testing
- Josh Herrin nails down victory at COTA