MotoGP started its European leg in Jerez de la Frontera last weekend: this circuit, located in the south of Spain, is one of the most popular ones in the world and one of the most appreciated circuits by riders.
The Team Cip-Green Power came in a confident mood after the 3rd place achieved by John McPhee in the Qualifying for the last race which took place in Austin.
The weather conditions were sunny and warm for the whole weekend. The Team had a positive start on Friday: during the two practices they worked hard to set the bike and the riders got a very good feeling, John McPhee finished the day in the top 10.
Saturday started in a perfect way: during the FP3 John got the 5th position of combined free practices. During Qualifying he managed to get to the first row but, unfortunately, at the end of session, when the team put on new tyres, he was stuck in the traffic and he couldn’t make a decent Qualifying lap and therefore he found himself lining up 17th on the grid.
On Sunday, during the warm up, John took the 3rd position with a very good pace. Unfortunately, he crashed at the beginning of the race, in the second corner, and he couldn’t show his potential. The target was to make a perfect start to join the first riders to fight with them.
John McPhee #17:
“I’m disappointed for the way I finished the weekend, after two days where I have been stronger and faster then ever before. For the whole weekend we made progress to become much faster during the practice and the qualifying sessions. We showed our potential: we can run at the front. But these are race incidents, proper in our sport. these are races. Now we have to look forward to the next round and come back stronger”
- British Talent Cup Selection Event candidates shortlisted
- Half-term report: Aki Ajo on the first half of 2018
- Nick Harris on Pedrosa's pure bad luck
- Multicoloured masterpiece: 2018 Misano poster released!
- Alex Marquez remains at EG 0,0 Marc VDS Moto2™ in 2019
- Yamaha MotoGP Team and Monster join forces from 2019
- Brothers, sisters and winners
- Successful Sachsenring Sunday for Smith and KTM
- Lorenzo: “We made a mistake on the settings”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"