After a promising opening day, the two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders were eager to confirm their pace in qualifying this Saturday at the French Grand Prix.
Sam Lowes had to deal with higher temperatures to set the seventh fastest time. Top KTM rider, the Brit will head the second row ahead of Brad Binder.
The Moto2 race of the fifth round of the season in France will start at 12:20 on Sunday.
Sam Lowes (7th – 1’36.784):
“Overall, it was a good day. Qualifying did not go as planned. We need to find out what’s wrong when temperatures are hotter. Starting from the third row is fine and I think we can do a good job. My race pace isn’t that bad. A podium is the target, but I will be happy to be in the Top 5 before going to Mugello.”
- Misano: private testing on Sunday
- Third MotoE™ Team Committee takes place in Austria
- 10 highlights from the Austrian GP
- Corsi undergoes successful surgery
- Ciabatti: “We will obviously let Jorge test with Honda"
- Applications for the Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup now closed
- British GP: KTM obliged to field two riders
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts
- Martin: “It was a really hard weekend for me”
- Ángel Nieto Team: new Moto2™ challenge for 2019