After a promising opening day, the two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders were eager to confirm their pace in qualifying this Saturday at the French Grand Prix.
Sam Lowes had to deal with higher temperatures to set the seventh fastest time. Top KTM rider, the Brit will head the second row ahead of Brad Binder.
The Moto2 race of the fifth round of the season in France will start at 12:20 on Sunday.
Sam Lowes (7th – 1’36.784):
“Overall, it was a good day. Qualifying did not go as planned. We need to find out what’s wrong when temperatures are hotter. Starting from the third row is fine and I think we can do a good job. My race pace isn’t that bad. A podium is the target, but I will be happy to be in the Top 5 before going to Mugello.”
- Schrötter tops rain-affected Moto2™ Friday morning session
- Dovizioso heads Crutchlow and Zarco in FP1
- Lorenzo withdraws from Motul Grand Prix of Japan
- Kornfeil fastest as action gets underway in Japan
- 1000 Grand Prix career points in sight for Crutchlow
- The Little Samurai's last Japanese joust
- Marquez vs Dovi: who will shine brightest in Japan?
- Marc Marquez will be Champion if...
- Rossi eager for confirmation of Yamaha improvements in Japan
- Dovizioso: “I’m looking forward to a rematch with Marc”