After a promising opening day, the two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders were eager to confirm their pace in qualifying this Saturday at the French Grand Prix.
Sam Lowes had to deal with higher temperatures to set the seventh fastest time. Top KTM rider, the Brit will head the second row ahead of Brad Binder.
The Moto2 race of the fifth round of the season in France will start at 12:20 on Sunday.
Sam Lowes (7th – 1’36.784):
“Overall, it was a good day. Qualifying did not go as planned. We need to find out what’s wrong when temperatures are hotter. Starting from the third row is fine and I think we can do a good job. My race pace isn’t that bad. A podium is the target, but I will be happy to be in the Top 5 before going to Mugello.”
- New expanded format for British Talent Cup announced
- Ogden emerges victorious in dramatic Race 2 at Donington
- Horsman beats Ogden to the top step in Race 1
- Moto2™: Victory the next step for man of the moment Navarro?
- “If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough”
- Edwards: “The few years I had with Valentino were awesome”
- Moto2™/Moto3™ Barcelona test photo gallery
- De Puniet looking forward to a “great fight” in MotoE™
- Round 2: the British Talent Cup touches down in Donington
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ finish first day of testing in Barcelona