Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona lined up on the grid of the French Grand Prix at the Bugatti circuit under sunny weather and perfect conditions.
Sam Lowes, who started from the third row, made a good start before dropping down to 15th. After mid-race, the Brit did his best to claim the 13th place under the chequered flag.
After this difficult French round, the two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s rider are now focused on the next race at Mugello, where they recently carried out two promising days of testing.
Sam Lowes (13th):
“I think we still have to find a solution. Miguel Oliveira completed the race in sixth position, but I managed to set similar times at the end of the race. It was important to reach the finish line again this weekend. This result may not be so good, but it was important to finish. I still need to determine the bike’s limits. I’m fast on fast corners, and I suffer on slower ones. I lost a few places on the first laps, but then I closed the gap. I’ll be stronger in Mugello.“
- Misano: private testing on Sunday
- Third MotoE™ Team Committee takes place in Austria
- 10 highlights from the Austrian GP
- Corsi undergoes successful surgery
- Ciabatti: “We will obviously let Jorge test with Honda"
- Applications for the Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup now closed
- British GP: KTM obliged to field two riders
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts
- Martin: “It was a really hard weekend for me”
- Ángel Nieto Team: new Moto2™ challenge for 2019