Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona lined up on the grid of the French Grand Prix at the Bugatti circuit under sunny weather and perfect conditions.
Sam Lowes, who started from the third row, made a good start before dropping down to 15th. After mid-race, the Brit did his best to claim the 13th place under the chequered flag.
After this difficult French round, the two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s rider are now focused on the next race at Mugello, where they recently carried out two promising days of testing.
Sam Lowes (13th):
“I think we still have to find a solution. Miguel Oliveira completed the race in sixth position, but I managed to set similar times at the end of the race. It was important to reach the finish line again this weekend. This result may not be so good, but it was important to finish. I still need to determine the bike’s limits. I’m fast on fast corners, and I suffer on slower ones. I lost a few places on the first laps, but then I closed the gap. I’ll be stronger in Mugello.“
- New expanded format for British Talent Cup announced
- Ogden emerges victorious in dramatic Race 2 at Donington
- Horsman beats Ogden to the top step in Race 1
- Moto2™: Victory the next step for man of the moment Navarro?
- “If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough”
- Edwards: “The few years I had with Valentino were awesome”
- Moto2™/Moto3™ Barcelona test photo gallery
- De Puniet looking forward to a “great fight” in MotoE™
- Round 2: the British Talent Cup touches down in Donington
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ finish first day of testing in Barcelona