Max Cook took his first British Talent Cup win in Race 2 at Donington Park, slicing up the inside of Rory Skinner at the final corner and making it three winners in three races so far as everything went down to the wire. Skinner just held on to second after a moment soon after Cook’s move, with Thomas Strudwick completing the podium from pole.
Strudwick got the holeshot as he did in Race 1, with Skinner shooting through to take third and slot in behind Cook. The three then were immediately able to start pulling a gap and it became a three-horse race at the front, locked together lap after lap – and right down to the wire.
The final lap dawned with Skinner at the head of the trio, and the Scot looked like he might be on for a double – but Cook wasn’t for giving up. Making his move at the final corner and Skinner then heading a little wide, Cook got through and tucked in for the drag to the line – as Skinner suffered a wobble.
Gathering it together and just able to stay ahead of Strudwick by thousandths, Skinner took the twenty points and Strudwick 16 – the latter keeping his Championship lead despite just missing out on second.
Josh Whatley stayed ahead of a big group fight for fourth, but only just – a tenth ahead of Storm Stacey, who had been the man on his tail for much of the race. Jack Nixon took sixth ahead of Cameron Horsman, who bounced back after a Race 1 crash, with Brian Hart and Jack Hart taking P8 and P9 respectively at the tail of that big group. Charlie Atkins completed the top ten.
One big name crasher was Fenton Seabright, who also crashed in Race 1 – and he’ll be one of the key riders looking for more next time out at Snetternon on June 16th, when the British Talent Cup will be racing alongside the British Superbike Championship.
- Strudwick supreme at Snetterton in a dramatic Race 2
- Lorenzo hammers home his pace with sublime win
- Bastianini wins breathless Moto3™ race
- Fabulous Fabio takes flawless first Grand Prix win
- Dovizioso leads Rabat and Rossi in Warm Up
- Skinner takes a stunning Race 1 at Snetterton
- Quartararo on top in Moto2™ Warm Up
- Miller confirmed at Alma Pramac Racing in 2019
- Martin quickest in Warm Up
- 10 things you need to know before the Catalan GP