MB Conveyors-Speed Up Racing Team’s riders finished the qualifying session on the Italian Saturday in the fifth and sixth row.
Danny Kent placed fifteenth and Fabio Quartararo the sixteenth. In the third free practice session in the morning both riders improved the settings of their Speed Up SF18 grabbing the ninth (Danny in 1’52.599) and eleventh (Quartararo in 1’52.670) position.
Danny, after having analysed the data of the two sessions of the previous day with his crew, managed to find a solution to the problems with the front and improve the fast lap.
DANNY KENT #52 – 15th in 1’52.245
“Finally, in the qualifying I am not happy with the position because this is not where we want to be, but the positive is that I have a better feeling with the bike, and also the lap times are very close, 0,2 and we are inside the top 8. We will continue working to have a good race tomorrow!”
- Four out of five: Yamaha bring the heat to Barcelona
- Best photos: Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya
- Quartararo: Last chance to break Marquez’ record
- Can Dovizioso or Petrucci complete a Ducati triple double?
- Rins confident for race day despite Q2 crash
- Quartararo shines to lead a Yamaha rebellion in Barcelona Q2
- Fernandez takes maiden Moto2™ pole, top six within 0.1
- Quartararo and Rins show strong FP4 pace
- Morbidelli and Mir progress to Q2
- Reale Avintia want "at least one rookie" for 2020 says Xaus