After two promising free practice sessions, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona had a more difficult qualifying on Saturday at the Italian Grand Prix.
The day kicked off in a good way for the two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders. Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona, who were third and sixteenth in the morning, did not manage to make it in the afternoon with much higher temperatures on the Mugello circuit.
Sam Lowes, who will start from the fifth row, said he was pleased with his race pace, especially on used tyres. His Spanish team-mate, who suffered a heavy crash on Friday, had to deal with a lack of grip on the corner entry. He concludes the day in 22nd just one second off Mattia Pasini’s pole position.
The two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders will be back on Sunday morning for the warm-up before the race scheduled at 12.20 pm.
Sam Lowes (14th – 1’52.244):
“We are missing something, especially in qualifying. The bike is very difficult to make that one lap. I’m very surprised because I was very consistent since the beginning of the weekend. We are struggling a lot about the speed, which is very strange. But my race pace is very good and I’m looking forward to the race.”
- Rossi on Triumph era of Moto2™ “a bit bigger, a bit faster”
- MotoE™ test confirmed for Valencia in June
- Horsman strikes back in Race 2 at Silverstone
- Ogden converts pole to victory in a tight season opener
- “Main goal is to secure a factory seat” – Miller
- British Talent Cup get set for Silverstone season opener
- “I knew he’d get there at some point, just not that quick!”
- Ducati’s double title charge
- Aprilia, Ducati, KTM, Suzuki and Yamaha go testing
- Josh Herrin nails down victory at COTA