After two promising free practice sessions, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona had a more difficult qualifying on Saturday at the Italian Grand Prix.
The day kicked off in a good way for the two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders. Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona, who were third and sixteenth in the morning, did not manage to make it in the afternoon with much higher temperatures on the Mugello circuit.
Sam Lowes, who will start from the fifth row, said he was pleased with his race pace, especially on used tyres. His Spanish team-mate, who suffered a heavy crash on Friday, had to deal with a lack of grip on the corner entry. He concludes the day in 22nd just one second off Mattia Pasini’s pole position.
The two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders will be back on Sunday morning for the warm-up before the race scheduled at 12.20 pm.
Sam Lowes (14th – 1’52.244):
“We are missing something, especially in qualifying. The bike is very difficult to make that one lap. I’m very surprised because I was very consistent since the beginning of the weekend. We are struggling a lot about the speed, which is very strange. But my race pace is very good and I’m looking forward to the race.”
- Puig: “Honda are a company that never give up”
- Binder claims unforgettable first podium
- Bautista: “I’m so happy and proud of all my team”
- Rossi reels in Dovi with P4 at the Twin Ring
- P3 in Japan “very special” for Rins
- The best photos from Marquez' magnificent 2018 season
- #Level7: the numbers behind Marquez' 2018 season
- 2018: a season of supreme consistency for Marquez
- Magnificent 7: a Champion's profile
- Level 7 achieved: social media reacts