After two promising free practice sessions, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona had a more difficult qualifying on Saturday at the Italian Grand Prix.
The day kicked off in a good way for the two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders. Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona, who were third and sixteenth in the morning, did not manage to make it in the afternoon with much higher temperatures on the Mugello circuit.
Sam Lowes, who will start from the fifth row, said he was pleased with his race pace, especially on used tyres. His Spanish team-mate, who suffered a heavy crash on Friday, had to deal with a lack of grip on the corner entry. He concludes the day in 22nd just one second off Mattia Pasini’s pole position.
The two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders will be back on Sunday morning for the warm-up before the race scheduled at 12.20 pm.
Sam Lowes (14th – 1’52.244):
“We are missing something, especially in qualifying. The bike is very difficult to make that one lap. I’m very surprised because I was very consistent since the beginning of the weekend. We are struggling a lot about the speed, which is very strange. But my race pace is very good and I’m looking forward to the race.”
- The 2019 Mission Winnow Ducati team presented at Neuchâtel
- In pictures: Ducati Team 2019
- SHARK Helmets to title sponsor French GP for three years
- Follow Ducati Team's presentation live!
- 2019 team presentations: all the dates
- Pedrosa to undergo surgery
- "I am very proud to belong to this family"
- Best photos: 2018 season
- Interrupted races: the rules evolve
- Massimo Rivola to be Aprilia Racing CEO