The 6th round of the World Championship that took place in Italy at Mugello Circuit, began in a very positive way on Friday when John McPhee ended up 6th in FP1. Despite a difficult Qualifying session, John made an impressive catch up during the race, scoring 4 more points in the Championship.
In the Free Practices, John quickly found very promising sensations on the bike and made good timings on Friday. After a complicated session on Saturday morning, he classified in 14th position in the cumulative Free Practices.
During qualifications, both the CIP-Green Power riders encountered some difficulties. John improved his time in the last laps, but this was not enough to guarantee him a decent position on the starting grid, qualifying in 19th position.
John McPhee #17:
“We had a difficult weekend: we were regularly in the top 10 during practices and warm up and we have the speed to fight with the front riders. However, the qualifying remains the sticking point. I will focus on this aspect for the next races to be able to start in the first rows in Catalunya GP and fight in the head group.”
- Puig: “Honda are a company that never give up”
- Binder claims unforgettable first podium
- Bautista: “I’m so happy and proud of all my team”
- Rossi reels in Dovi with P4 at the Twin Ring
- P3 in Japan “very special” for Rins
- The best photos from Marquez' magnificent 2018 season
- #Level7: the numbers behind Marquez' 2018 season
- 2018: a season of supreme consistency for Marquez
- Magnificent 7: a Champion's profile
- Level 7 achieved: social media reacts