The 6th round of the World Championship that took place in Italy at Mugello Circuit, began in a very positive way on Friday when John McPhee ended up 6th in FP1. Despite a difficult Qualifying session, John made an impressive catch up during the race, scoring 4 more points in the Championship.
In the Free Practices, John quickly found very promising sensations on the bike and made good timings on Friday. After a complicated session on Saturday morning, he classified in 14th position in the cumulative Free Practices.
During qualifications, both the CIP-Green Power riders encountered some difficulties. John improved his time in the last laps, but this was not enough to guarantee him a decent position on the starting grid, qualifying in 19th position.
John McPhee #17:
“We had a difficult weekend: we were regularly in the top 10 during practices and warm up and we have the speed to fight with the front riders. However, the qualifying remains the sticking point. I will focus on this aspect for the next races to be able to start in the first rows in Catalunya GP and fight in the head group.”
- Four front, rear slick tyre options selected for Silverstone
- Inaugural MotoGP™ KymiRing Test comes to a close
- Paranoid about the weather – surely not
- First Women in Motorsport conference takes place in Finland
- Aron Canet signs with Angel Nieto squad for 2020 Moto2™
- "It’s good to be back" – Lorenzo ahead of Silverstone return
- Slight changes to the Silverstone time schedule
- Joan Mir to miss the British Grand Prix
- History made at the KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test