Perfect weather conditions greeted the team SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM duo on the starting gird of the Italian Grand Prix race.
On the fifth row of the grid, Sam Lowes, who finished on the podium in 2016 at Mugello, had to go into the gravel at the second corner following a contact with another rider. Back into 30th position, the British rider worked hard to close the gap crashing out on the seventh lap. Sam Lowes is already focused on the next round of the season in Barcelona.
Sam Lowes (DnF)
“Someone pushed me on the first lap and I had to get off the track. Then I tried to close the gap. We must continue to work hard, change things and understand why. This incident after the start is linked to our position on the grid. It’s frustrating because I had the pace to fight for the top five or even the podium.”
- The 2019 Mission Winnow Ducati team presented at Neuchâtel
- In pictures: Ducati Team 2019
- SHARK Helmets to title sponsor French GP for three years
- Follow Ducati Team's presentation live!
- 2019 team presentations: all the dates
- Pedrosa to undergo surgery
- "I am very proud to belong to this family"
- Best photos: 2018 season
- Interrupted races: the rules evolve
- Massimo Rivola to be Aprilia Racing CEO