The SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM duo managed to perform well during the qualifying of the Catalunya Grand Prix at the Barcelona circuit.
Sam Lowes, who was sick on the opening day, will finally start from ninth place on the grid after setting a time just over seven tenths behind Fabio Quartararo. The Englishman, delighted with his race pace, plans to fight for the win.
The two teammates will be back on track on Sunday morning for the warm-up, which will precede the race which is scheduled at 12:20.
Sam Lowes (9th – 1’44.215):
“Overall the day was quite OK. Of course, we wanted a better result, but qualifying on the third means we have a better chance during the race. We actually improved in hot conditions which is a good step for us. I think we have made a step forward with the front of the bike today and we will continue to work on that tomorrow. I feel quite good about the race pace and we can do a good job. I’m looking forward to a strong result.
- Brothers, sisters and winners
- Successful Sachsenring Sunday for Smith and KTM
- Lorenzo: “We made a mistake on the settings”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Role reversal in Race 2: Can beats Deniz Öncü
- Viñales: "We were one of the strongest at the end"
- King of the Ring: Marquez secures 9th overall German GP win!
- Brilliant Binder takes maiden Moto2™ win