The SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM duo managed to perform well during the qualifying of the Catalunya Grand Prix at the Barcelona circuit.
Sam Lowes, who was sick on the opening day, will finally start from ninth place on the grid after setting a time just over seven tenths behind Fabio Quartararo. The Englishman, delighted with his race pace, plans to fight for the win.
The two teammates will be back on track on Sunday morning for the warm-up, which will precede the race which is scheduled at 12:20.
Sam Lowes (9th – 1’44.215):
“Overall the day was quite OK. Of course, we wanted a better result, but qualifying on the third means we have a better chance during the race. We actually improved in hot conditions which is a good step for us. I think we have made a step forward with the front of the bike today and we will continue to work on that tomorrow. I feel quite good about the race pace and we can do a good job. I’m looking forward to a strong result.
- Last chance saloon: Austin hosts eSport Online Challenge 3
- Iannone handed 18-month suspension
- We have to win this global race together
- Lowes: "The best thing is I'm with my fiancée and daughter"
- Enjoy ALL the MotoGP™ content for FREE
- Mamola: from king of saves to king of Instagram
- Petronas Yamaha SRT boss urges everyone to "stay at home"
- Happy 100th anniversary Suzuki
- "It's the first time I've started well in my life" - Viñales
- Marquez & Quartararo just miss out on Virtual Race rostrum