The SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM duo managed to perform well during the qualifying of the Catalunya Grand Prix at the Barcelona circuit.
Sam Lowes, who was sick on the opening day, will finally start from ninth place on the grid after setting a time just over seven tenths behind Fabio Quartararo. The Englishman, delighted with his race pace, plans to fight for the win.
The two teammates will be back on track on Sunday morning for the warm-up, which will precede the race which is scheduled at 12:20.
Sam Lowes (9th – 1’44.215):
“Overall the day was quite OK. Of course, we wanted a better result, but qualifying on the third means we have a better chance during the race. We actually improved in hot conditions which is a good step for us. I think we have made a step forward with the front of the bike today and we will continue to work on that tomorrow. I feel quite good about the race pace and we can do a good job. I’m looking forward to a strong result.
- Binder vs Lowes on Day 3 in Jerez
- Introducing…the MotoGP™ Podcast!
- Aprilia: the 2019 MotoGP™ challenge has begun
- Marquez, Binder, Navarro within a tenth on Day 2
- Canet closes out Day 2 on top
- Tony Skillington appointed FIM Chief Executive Officer
- Qatar Test: the final countdown begins
- Moto3™: Arbolino quickest out the blocks in 2019
- Moto2™: Marini triumphs on Day 1
- Marc Marquez: karting for Qatar