The SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM duo managed to perform well during the qualifying of the Catalunya Grand Prix at the Barcelona circuit.
Sam Lowes, who was sick on the opening day, will finally start from ninth place on the grid after setting a time just over seven tenths behind Fabio Quartararo. The Englishman, delighted with his race pace, plans to fight for the win.
The two teammates will be back on track on Sunday morning for the warm-up, which will precede the race which is scheduled at 12:20.
Sam Lowes (9th – 1’44.215):
“Overall the day was quite OK. Of course, we wanted a better result, but qualifying on the third means we have a better chance during the race. We actually improved in hot conditions which is a good step for us. I think we have made a step forward with the front of the bike today and we will continue to work on that tomorrow. I feel quite good about the race pace and we can do a good job. I’m looking forward to a strong result.
- Dovi wins two-part race as Espargaro claims first KTM podium
- Perfect 2018 ending for Oliveira in dramatic Moto2™ finale
- Can Oncu stuns the field to create Grand Prix history
- Marquez 0.805 clear in rain-soaked Valencia Warm Up
- Lowes takes Sunday morning honours in Valencia
- Bezzecchi leads all-Italian top five in wet Warm Up
- Skinner takes the crown, Strudwick strikes back for the win!
- Dislocated shoulder to P5: Marquez’ miraculous Q2
- Q1 to pole: Viñales repeats Marquez’ Thai GP feat
- Best photos: Valencia GP