The SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM duo managed to perform well during the qualifying of the Catalunya Grand Prix at the Barcelona circuit.
Sam Lowes, who was sick on the opening day, will finally start from ninth place on the grid after setting a time just over seven tenths behind Fabio Quartararo. The Englishman, delighted with his race pace, plans to fight for the win.
The two teammates will be back on track on Sunday morning for the warm-up, which will precede the race which is scheduled at 12:20.
Sam Lowes (9th – 1’44.215):
“Overall the day was quite OK. Of course, we wanted a better result, but qualifying on the third means we have a better chance during the race. We actually improved in hot conditions which is a good step for us. I think we have made a step forward with the front of the bike today and we will continue to work on that tomorrow. I feel quite good about the race pace and we can do a good job. I’m looking forward to a strong result.
- Brilliant Binder leaves it late to take pole
- Lorenzo snatches sensational last-gasp pole in Aragon
- GP Commission: replacement riders now need approval
- Viñales and Nakagami progress to Q2
- Lorenzo fastest as Marquez crashes in FP4
- Magical Martin makes history in Moto3™ qualifying
- Marcos Ramirez joins Leopard Racing for 2019
- Marquez, Schrötter, Pasini split by 0.044 in FP3
- Crutchlow tops FP3, Marquez still fastest, Yamahas miss out
- Bezzecchi fastest as Saturday action begins in Aragon