After two solid opening days, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona lined up on the grid of the Catalunya Grand Prix race with the ambition to shine in the Moto2 class.
However, Sam Lowes was unlucky even before joining the grid as his bike failed to start. Forced to start from the last spot, the British rider made a breathtaking comeback to cross the finish line in ninth position just ahead of his Spanish team-mate.
Sam Lowes (9th):
“We knew it wasn’t going to be easy this year, but we had bad luck this time. However, we had started the bike a few minutes before. I quickly feel comfortable and do a race as today shows that we have taken a step forward. I didn’t make any mistakes over the weekend. I think I could have fought for the podium or finished in the Top 5, because my pace was similar to the riders in front, maybe not Quartararo, but Oliveira. After these difficult months, I can be proud of what I accomplished this weekend. Assen is a track I enjoy and I am convinced that we are following the right direction.”
- Brothers, sisters and winners
- Successful Sachsenring Sunday for Smith and KTM
- Lorenzo: “We made a mistake on the settings”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Role reversal in Race 2: Can beats Deniz Öncü
- Viñales: "We were one of the strongest at the end"
- King of the Ring: Marquez secures 9th overall German GP win!
- Brilliant Binder takes maiden Moto2™ win