Having qualified in sixth position on the grid, Sam Lowes did not manage to stay in contact with the leading group at the start of today’s Moto2 Dutch TT race at Assen. The British rider, who was 12th after the opening lap, was stuck in the chasing pack. But Sam did not give up, taking advantage of the mistakes of his rivals to score some points under the chequered flag.
Sam Lowes (9th):
“Obviously, this is disappointing. I didn’t have the same pace as we had all the weekend. I really struggled with the rear grip all the race. Of course, we want to be better and fight for the top. We did a solid job here in Assen, but we need to better than that. We keep working for Sachsenring. I think we are in the right direction, but we need to understand why we didn’t have the same feeling we had all the weekend.”
- Brothers, sisters and winners
- Successful Sachsenring Sunday for Smith and KTM
- Lorenzo: “We made a mistake on the settings”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Role reversal in Race 2: Can beats Deniz Öncü
- Viñales: "We were one of the strongest at the end"
- King of the Ring: Marquez secures 9th overall German GP win!
- Brilliant Binder takes maiden Moto2™ win