Having qualified in sixth position on the grid, Sam Lowes did not manage to stay in contact with the leading group at the start of today’s Moto2 Dutch TT race at Assen. The British rider, who was 12th after the opening lap, was stuck in the chasing pack. But Sam did not give up, taking advantage of the mistakes of his rivals to score some points under the chequered flag.
Sam Lowes (9th):
“Obviously, this is disappointing. I didn’t have the same pace as we had all the weekend. I really struggled with the rear grip all the race. Of course, we want to be better and fight for the top. We did a solid job here in Assen, but we need to better than that. We keep working for Sachsenring. I think we are in the right direction, but we need to understand why we didn’t have the same feeling we had all the weekend.”
- “Main goal is to secure a factory seat” – Miller
- British Talent Cup get set for Silverstone season opener
- “I knew he’d get there at some point, just not that quick!”
- Ducati’s double title charge
- Aprilia, Ducati, KTM, Suzuki and Yamaha go testing
- Josh Herrin nails down victory at COTA
- Puig: “We don’t know what happened to Lorenzo”
- How do you connect with MotoGP™?
- Quartararo: The not-so-rookie, rookie
- Viñales penalty: a victory costing mistake?