Qualified in fourth position on the grid at Sachsenring, Sam Lowes was quick right from the start of the race. After losing contact with the group in a battle for the win, the British rider, who was sixth at mid-race, took the advantage over Marcel Schrötter before the finish line to clinch his best result of the year.
A great performance for Sam before the summer break.
Sam Lowes (5th):
“The pace was a little slower in the race. I still have to improve my top speed in a straight line, because we’re losing to that point. I didn’t make any mistakes for the third time in a row, it’s a clear improvement. It was a positive weekend. Even if it’s not a circuit that suits me, we were competitive. I feel good and I think we’ve been on the right track for a few races.”
- Puig: “Honda are a company that never give up”
- Binder claims unforgettable first podium
- Bautista: “I’m so happy and proud of all my team”
- Rossi reels in Dovi with P4 at the Twin Ring
- P3 in Japan “very special” for Rins
- The best photos from Marquez' magnificent 2018 season
- #Level7: the numbers behind Marquez' 2018 season
- 2018: a season of supreme consistency for Marquez
- Magnificent 7: a Champion's profile
- Level 7 achieved: social media reacts