Qualified in fourth position on the grid at Sachsenring, Sam Lowes was quick right from the start of the race. After losing contact with the group in a battle for the win, the British rider, who was sixth at mid-race, took the advantage over Marcel Schrötter before the finish line to clinch his best result of the year.
A great performance for Sam before the summer break.
Sam Lowes (5th):
“The pace was a little slower in the race. I still have to improve my top speed in a straight line, because we’re losing to that point. I didn’t make any mistakes for the third time in a row, it’s a clear improvement. It was a positive weekend. Even if it’s not a circuit that suits me, we were competitive. I feel good and I think we’ve been on the right track for a few races.”
- New expanded format for British Talent Cup announced
- Ogden emerges victorious in dramatic Race 2 at Donington
- Horsman beats Ogden to the top step in Race 1
- Moto2™: Victory the next step for man of the moment Navarro?
- “If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough”
- Edwards: “The few years I had with Valentino were awesome”
- Moto2™/Moto3™ Barcelona test photo gallery
- De Puniet looking forward to a “great fight” in MotoE™
- Round 2: the British Talent Cup touches down in Donington
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ finish first day of testing in Barcelona