Qualified in fourth position on the grid at Sachsenring, Sam Lowes was quick right from the start of the race. After losing contact with the group in a battle for the win, the British rider, who was sixth at mid-race, took the advantage over Marcel Schrötter before the finish line to clinch his best result of the year.
A great performance for Sam before the summer break.
Sam Lowes (5th):
“The pace was a little slower in the race. I still have to improve my top speed in a straight line, because we’re losing to that point. I didn’t make any mistakes for the third time in a row, it’s a clear improvement. It was a positive weekend. Even if it’s not a circuit that suits me, we were competitive. I feel good and I think we’ve been on the right track for a few races.”
- Misano: private testing on Sunday
- Third MotoE™ Team Committee takes place in Austria
- 10 highlights from the Austrian GP
- Corsi undergoes successful surgery
- Ciabatti: “We will obviously let Jorge test with Honda"
- Applications for the Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup now closed
- British GP: KTM obliged to field two riders
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts
- Martin: “It was a really hard weekend for me”
- Ángel Nieto Team: new Moto2™ challenge for 2019