Qualified in fourth position on the grid at Sachsenring, Sam Lowes was quick right from the start of the race. After losing contact with the group in a battle for the win, the British rider, who was sixth at mid-race, took the advantage over Marcel Schrötter before the finish line to clinch his best result of the year.
A great performance for Sam before the summer break.
Sam Lowes (5th):
“The pace was a little slower in the race. I still have to improve my top speed in a straight line, because we’re losing to that point. I didn’t make any mistakes for the third time in a row, it’s a clear improvement. It was a positive weekend. Even if it’s not a circuit that suits me, we were competitive. I feel good and I think we’ve been on the right track for a few races.”
- Moto2™ and Moto3™: KTM testing at Jerez
- Last call: what can we expect at the Qatar Test?
- Estrella Galicia 0,0 present 2019 project in Madrid
- 40 years, 23 seasons: a celebration of Rossi
- #Rossi40: All the birthday wishes from fans on social media
- Canal+: a new era of MotoGP™ coverage begins in France
- #Rossi40: 40 photos to celebrate 40 years
- The Team Kömmerling Gresini Moto3™ project is unveiled
- Jake Dixon ready for the challenge in Moto2™
- 46 turns 40: Rossi week on motogp.com