Qualified in fourth position on the grid at Sachsenring, Sam Lowes was quick right from the start of the race. After losing contact with the group in a battle for the win, the British rider, who was sixth at mid-race, took the advantage over Marcel Schrötter before the finish line to clinch his best result of the year.
A great performance for Sam before the summer break.
Sam Lowes (5th):
“The pace was a little slower in the race. I still have to improve my top speed in a straight line, because we’re losing to that point. I didn’t make any mistakes for the third time in a row, it’s a clear improvement. It was a positive weekend. Even if it’s not a circuit that suits me, we were competitive. I feel good and I think we’ve been on the right track for a few races.”
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019
- A promising start to preseason for MotoE™
- 2019 Asia Talent Cup calendar and entry list released