A strong and positive German GP weekend for Danny Kent unfortunately ended with a crash on the eighth lap. After an excellent start with 2 positions recovered, on the second lap of the race the British rider was eighth with a half-second gap from Alex Marquez.
He kept his position until the last corner of the eighth lap when he suddenly lost control of the bike and ended up on the ground.
The next round of the World Championship will be at the Brno circuit, in the Czech Republic, from 3th to 5th August.
DANNY KENT #52 – DNF
“Of course I’m not happy to finish without any points, but we have to take the positives from this weekend because I feel like we have made some good steps, consistently in the top 12 and in the race I was running in 8th until my crash. From the last races this is a good step forward, now we have 3 weeks break and I will go home and work very hard to come to Brno and make another step, thanks to the team ”.
- Misano: private testing on Sunday
- Third MotoE™ Team Committee takes place in Austria
- 10 highlights from the Austrian GP
- Corsi undergoes successful surgery
- Ciabatti: “We will obviously let Jorge test with Honda"
- Applications for the Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup now closed
- British GP: KTM obliged to field two riders
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts
- Martin: “It was a really hard weekend for me”
- Ángel Nieto Team: new Moto2™ challenge for 2019