After a hotly contested race, CIP-Green Power team rider John McPhee took an excellent and thoroughly deserved 3rd place in the German GP at the Sachsenring.
John ranked 8th in the combined Free Practices, 0.7 seconds off the best time, and during qualifying, although John improved his time, he qualified in 8th position, only 0.3 seconds off the pole position.
On Sunday, John fought a good race once again, battling hard in the leading group. He did everything he could to climb on the 3rd step of the podium, setting him up for a thrilling second half of the season.
John McPhee #17:
“I’m really glad for my team and myself. It was an important goal to get back on the podium. During the last four races, we had the opportunity to fight for the podium in the Head group and we knew it was just a matter of time. I thank the CIP-Green Power team and especially Maurizio, Mikel and my mechanics, because we can be really strong together and the motorbike functions smoothly. We were strong the whole weekend and ending in 3rd position, just before Summer break, is perfect. This motivates us for the remainder of the season.”
- Binder claims unforgettable first podium
- Bautista: “I’m so happy and proud of all my team”
- P3 in Japan “very special” for Rins
- The best photos from Marquez' magnificent 2018 season
- #Level7: the numbers behind Marquez' 2018 season
- 2018: a season of supreme consistency for Marquez
- Magnificent 7: a Champion's profile
- Level 7 achieved: social media reacts
- Magnificent 7: Marquez seals title with win in Motegi
- Dovizioso: “I’m so happy about the level we are at now”