After a hotly contested race, CIP-Green Power team rider John McPhee took an excellent and thoroughly deserved 3rd place in the German GP at the Sachsenring.
John ranked 8th in the combined Free Practices, 0.7 seconds off the best time, and during qualifying, although John improved his time, he qualified in 8th position, only 0.3 seconds off the pole position.
On Sunday, John fought a good race once again, battling hard in the leading group. He did everything he could to climb on the 3rd step of the podium, setting him up for a thrilling second half of the season.
John McPhee #17:
“I’m really glad for my team and myself. It was an important goal to get back on the podium. During the last four races, we had the opportunity to fight for the podium in the Head group and we knew it was just a matter of time. I thank the CIP-Green Power team and especially Maurizio, Mikel and my mechanics, because we can be really strong together and the motorbike functions smoothly. We were strong the whole weekend and ending in 3rd position, just before Summer break, is perfect. This motivates us for the remainder of the season.”
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019
- A promising start to preseason for MotoE™
- 2019 Asia Talent Cup calendar and entry list released