Iker Lecuona and Sam Lowes were back in action on Saturday at the Czech Grand Prix in Brno after a mixed first day.
Sam Lowes faced a more difficult day to feel comfortable on his KTM. The British rider will have to start from the eighth row on the grid after setting the 22nd-fastest time.
The SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s duo will have a last opportunity on Sunday morning during the warm-up to prepare the race scheduled at 12.20pm.
Sam Lowes (22nd – 2’03.548):
“Today was a bad day. I think this is my worst qualifying since the beginning of the year. I crashed this morning so I wasn’t able to do a great run at the beginning of the qualifying as I lost some feeling this morning. I could not use the best part of the last free practice session to improve my lap time in qualifying. I’m still convinced we will improve in the race.”
- The 2019 Mission Winnow Ducati team presented at Neuchâtel
- In pictures: Ducati Team 2019
- SHARK Helmets to title sponsor French GP for three years
- Follow Ducati Team's presentation live!
- 2019 team presentations: all the dates
- Pedrosa to undergo surgery
- "I am very proud to belong to this family"
- Best photos: 2018 season
- Interrupted races: the rules evolve
- Massimo Rivola to be Aprilia Racing CEO