Iker Lecuona and Sam Lowes were back in action on Saturday at the Czech Grand Prix in Brno after a mixed first day.
Sam Lowes faced a more difficult day to feel comfortable on his KTM. The British rider will have to start from the eighth row on the grid after setting the 22nd-fastest time.
The SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s duo will have a last opportunity on Sunday morning during the warm-up to prepare the race scheduled at 12.20pm.
Sam Lowes (22nd – 2’03.548):
“Today was a bad day. I think this is my worst qualifying since the beginning of the year. I crashed this morning so I wasn’t able to do a great run at the beginning of the qualifying as I lost some feeling this morning. I could not use the best part of the last free practice session to improve my lap time in qualifying. I’m still convinced we will improve in the race.”
- Bagnaia tops FP2, Schrötter remains quickest overall
- Marquez resists Ducati charge on Day 1
- Red Bull Rookies Champion eligible for Moto3™ ride in 2018
- Bastianini bolts to the top on Friday in Aragon
- FIM withdraws Romano Fenati's licence
- Schrötter leads Bagnaia, Lowes in Moto2™ FP1
- MotoStudent grand final approaches
- Dominant Dovi leads Ducati quartet in FP1
- Kornfeil, Rodrigo fastest but both suffer late crashes
- Marquez vs Dovizioso vs Lorenzo moves into MotorLand