Iker Lecuona and Sam Lowes were back in action on Saturday at the Czech Grand Prix in Brno after a mixed first day.
Sam Lowes faced a more difficult day to feel comfortable on his KTM. The British rider will have to start from the eighth row on the grid after setting the 22nd-fastest time.
The SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s duo will have a last opportunity on Sunday morning during the warm-up to prepare the race scheduled at 12.20pm.
Sam Lowes (22nd – 2’03.548):
“Today was a bad day. I think this is my worst qualifying since the beginning of the year. I crashed this morning so I wasn’t able to do a great run at the beginning of the qualifying as I lost some feeling this morning. I could not use the best part of the last free practice session to improve my lap time in qualifying. I’m still convinced we will improve in the race.”
- Misano: private testing on Sunday
- Third MotoE™ Team Committee takes place in Austria
- 10 highlights from the Austrian GP
- Corsi undergoes successful surgery
- Ciabatti: “We will obviously let Jorge test with Honda"
- Applications for the Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup now closed
- British GP: KTM obliged to field two riders
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts
- Martin: “It was a really hard weekend for me”
- Ángel Nieto Team: new Moto2™ challenge for 2019