Iker Lecuona and Sam Lowes were back in action on Saturday at the Czech Grand Prix in Brno after a mixed first day.
Sam Lowes faced a more difficult day to feel comfortable on his KTM. The British rider will have to start from the eighth row on the grid after setting the 22nd-fastest time.
The SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s duo will have a last opportunity on Sunday morning during the warm-up to prepare the race scheduled at 12.20pm.
Sam Lowes (22nd – 2’03.548):
“Today was a bad day. I think this is my worst qualifying since the beginning of the year. I crashed this morning so I wasn’t able to do a great run at the beginning of the qualifying as I lost some feeling this morning. I could not use the best part of the last free practice session to improve my lap time in qualifying. I’m still convinced we will improve in the race.”
- Four out of five: Yamaha bring the heat to Barcelona
- Best photos: Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya
- Quartararo: Last chance to break Marquez’ record
- Can Dovizioso or Petrucci complete a Ducati triple double?
- Rins confident for race day despite Q2 crash
- Quartararo shines to lead a Yamaha rebellion in Barcelona Q2
- Fernandez takes maiden Moto2™ pole, top six within 0.1
- Quartararo and Rins show strong FP4 pace
- Morbidelli and Mir progress to Q2
- Reale Avintia want "at least one rookie" for 2020 says Xaus