It was a Czech Republic Grand Prix to forget for Danny Kent: A complicated weekend for the young Brit, who after recovering eight positions thanks to an excellent start, crashed down in lap twelfth losing control of the front of his Speed Up SF18.
There is no stop for Moto2 however, and he will return to the track next weekend at the RedBull Ring (10th-12th August).
DANNY KENT #52 – DNF
“I’am disappointed with another crash, I made a good start and first laps to gain 8 positions from my qualifying position. All weekend I have had a bad feeling with the front of the bike and again in the race I lost the fro nt end. We have to keep our hopes up and keep working hard to achieve better results”.
- Four out of five: Yamaha bring the heat to Barcelona
- Best photos: Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya
- Quartararo: Last chance to break Marquez’ record
- Can Dovizioso or Petrucci complete a Ducati triple double?
- Rins confident for race day despite Q2 crash
- Quartararo shines to lead a Yamaha rebellion in Barcelona Q2
- Fernandez takes maiden Moto2™ pole, top six within 0.1
- Quartararo and Rins show strong FP4 pace
- Morbidelli and Mir progress to Q2
- Reale Avintia want "at least one rookie" for 2020 says Xaus