Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona lined up for the 100th Grand Prix of the team SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM under lightly clouded skies and lower temperatures than during the opening two days.
Qualified in 22nd position on the grid, Sam Lowes, who had crashed during the warm-up, started the race by doing an amazing comeback to eventually cross the line only four seconds behind the winner Miguel Oliveira.
The two KTM riders will be back on track as soon as Friday for the Austrian Grand Prix at the Red Bull Ring.
Sam Lowes (9th):
“It was a tough weekend to find a direction. The team did a good job for Sunday. Even if I had to miss somebody during the warm-up and made a mistake, we were fast and we were also fast in the race. We made a big step today and gathered more information. It’s the team first year with the bike, it’s my first year also with the bike. We are still looking for some things to fix, but I think we have found a good direction today. I felt great and I believe that we had the pace for the podium. I’m looking forward to Austria now!”
- Misano: private testing on Sunday
- Third MotoE™ Team Committee takes place in Austria
- 10 highlights from the Austrian GP
- Corsi undergoes successful surgery
- Ciabatti: “We will obviously let Jorge test with Honda"
- Applications for the Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup now closed
- British GP: KTM obliged to field two riders
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts
- Martin: “It was a really hard weekend for me”
- Ángel Nieto Team: new Moto2™ challenge for 2019