Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona lined up for the 100th Grand Prix of the team SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM under lightly clouded skies and lower temperatures than during the opening two days.
Qualified in 22nd position on the grid, Sam Lowes, who had crashed during the warm-up, started the race by doing an amazing comeback to eventually cross the line only four seconds behind the winner Miguel Oliveira.
The two KTM riders will be back on track as soon as Friday for the Austrian Grand Prix at the Red Bull Ring.
Sam Lowes (9th):
“It was a tough weekend to find a direction. The team did a good job for Sunday. Even if I had to miss somebody during the warm-up and made a mistake, we were fast and we were also fast in the race. We made a big step today and gathered more information. It’s the team first year with the bike, it’s my first year also with the bike. We are still looking for some things to fix, but I think we have found a good direction today. I felt great and I believe that we had the pace for the podium. I’m looking forward to Austria now!”
- Rossi on Triumph era of Moto2™ “a bit bigger, a bit faster”
- MotoE™ test confirmed for Valencia in June
- Horsman strikes back in Race 2 at Silverstone
- Ogden converts pole to victory in a tight season opener
- “Main goal is to secure a factory seat” – Miller
- British Talent Cup get set for Silverstone season opener
- “I knew he’d get there at some point, just not that quick!”
- Ducati’s double title charge
- Aprilia, Ducati, KTM, Suzuki and Yamaha go testing
- Josh Herrin nails down victory at COTA