After a stormy opening day, the rain was back on Saturday morning for the final free practice session.
Sam Lowes, who is still facing some problems on his KTM, finished 16th, just one tenths behind his team-mate.
The two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders will line up on the grid of the Austrian Grand Prix on Sunday at 12:20.
Sam Lowes (16th – 1’30.336):
“I’m disappointed with the qualifying, but we’re so close. We went a little in the wrong direction with the settings. I believe in the team and I know we can fight back tomorrow as our race pace is strong. We also have the warm-up to try something.”
- Misano: private testing on Sunday
- Third MotoE™ Team Committee takes place in Austria
- 10 highlights from the Austrian GP
- Corsi undergoes successful surgery
- Ciabatti: “We will obviously let Jorge test with Honda"
- Applications for the Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup now closed
- British GP: KTM obliged to field two riders
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts
- Martin: “It was a really hard weekend for me”
- Ángel Nieto Team: new Moto2™ challenge for 2019