Sunny and perfect conditions welcomed the SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders on Sunday at the Austrian Grand Prix on the Red Bull Ring circuit.
Sam Lowes, who started from 16th, had a difficult race. While he was 16th, the British rider crashed out at turn 8. He is now keen to strike back at his home round in Silverstone.
Sam Lowes (DnF):
“It’s a shame, because the last few races have been really solid. We went in the wrong direction for the race, myself and all the guys. I struggled a lot in T2 all weekend and there is no way to make it back. During the race, I couldn’t ride the bike I wanted to. It’s a disappointing race and this is a track where I struggled a lot. It’s probably the hardest track coming back from MotoGP. It would have nice to have more dry time, but this is not an excuse, this was the same for everybody. Silverstone is my biggest race of the year and I can’t wait. We need important results, for both the team and me. I think we can go there and do a good job.”
- Seabright storms Snetterton
- 2020 aero body regulations revised
- Summer report: Jack Miller - satellite star
- Catalonia: a motorcycle racer's haven?
- Still ten to go
- British Talent Cup rolls into Snetterton
- Summer report: Andrea Iannone - patience is a virtue
- Find out who was fastest in Challenge #4 !
- Summer report: Fabio Quartararo - the future has arrived
- Decisive victories at MotorLand Aragon