Intermittent heavy downpours disrupted Saturday’s usual proceedings at Silverstone with FP4 session red-flagged due to a pool of water on turn seven. After several delays due to the track’s safety conditions Q2 got underway on a partially wet track with LCR Honda CASTROL racer Cal Crutchlow posting the 4th fastest lap time. Tomorrow’s MotoGP Race will start at 11:30 local time due to heavy rain expected in the afternoon at Silverstone surface.
Cal Crutchlow – 4th
(2’10.615 – lap 7 of 7)
“I’m obviously disappointed, I wanted the front row or pole position. But I did the best I could with the package that we have and the bike we have. We need to concentrate on the race tomorrow and see what will happen but unfortunately it doesn’t look great with regards to the weather, that’s not great for us because I don’t think we can ride with the amount of rain that they say is going to come tomorrow. They decided to anticipate the race trying to avoid risks for the riders and I think this is the best decision. I hope it’s going to be a nice race most of all for my British fans”.
- Marquez vs Dovizioso vs Lorenzo moves into MotorLand
- MotoE™: Selection Committee set for Buriram
- MotoE™ mechanics gear up for 2019
- KTM retain Kallio as test rider for 2019
- What will happen at Aragon if...?
- Sasaki set to miss Aragon through injury
- SKY Racing Team VR46 confirm 2019 Moto2™ and Moto3™ lineups
- MotoGP™ remains on Eurosport in the Netherlands and Flanders
- Rossi, Viñales “want to fight for the podium” at Aragon
- Get set for your trip to Andalucia and Jerez