This Saturday morning saw the sun briefly reappear over the 5900m of the Silverstone circuit, venue of the twelfth round of the 2018 calendar. Nevertheless, the temperatures (12°c air /15°c ground) were low throughout the day, affecting performance in the FP3 session in which not one rider of the Moto3 class managed to improve his yesterday’s lap times.
Local hero and British GP Wildcard Tom Booth-Amos ended the session by improving his feeling with the bike, necessary to have confidence to the race. Tomorrow at 09:00 (GMT +1) the Warm Up session will take place, a very quick preview of the twelfth race of the 2018 season that will start at 11:20 on the distance of 17 laps.
#69 Tom BOOTH-AMOS, 28th (2’15.969)
“This morning was a bit of a disaster as I had a problem with the gear box which lost us some time. In Qualifying we changed the setting of the bike a lot and my first lap I went a lot faster than all weekend. I just missed out a bit with the rain and not getting a tow. Had we had some more laps I think we could have been in the top 20 but obviously we are starting not where we want to be but I know I can make it up in the race tomorrow.”
- The 2019 Mission Winnow Ducati team presented at Neuchâtel
- In pictures: Ducati Team 2019
- SHARK Helmets to title sponsor French GP for three years
- Follow Ducati Team's presentation live!
- 2019 team presentations: all the dates
- Pedrosa to undergo surgery
- "I am very proud to belong to this family"
- Best photos: 2018 season
- Interrupted races: the rules evolve
- Massimo Rivola to be Aprilia Racing CEO