The expected rain finally did not come on Saturday at San Marino Grand Prix on the iconic Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli.
Despite the sunshine, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona struggled in qualifying. The Brit, who is confident about his race pace, has given everything to get closer to the front rows. With eight tenths off the pole position, Sam Lowes will start from 15th on the grid.
Sam Lowes (15th – 1’37.970):
“It was a disappointing qualifying obviously. We just need to find a way for the qualifying. My race pace is very consistent and competitive for the Top 5, which is my goal for tomorrow. This is not my best track and I had a crash on Friday morning so I don’t feel great. The race will be difficult, but I think we have to key to fight for good positions.”
- The ‘Little Samurai’: a swansong in Valencia
- Aegerter signs with MV Agusta Forward Racing for 2019
- Who dares wins: the Cup goes down to the wire at Valencia
- FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup: rider and regulation updates
- MotoGP™ remains on Network 10 in Australia for 3 more years
- Meet the rookies: 2019 edition
- Time schedule: Valencia GP
- Rossi: the tenth is possible
- Stoner and Ducati to end their collaboration
- Full set of asymmetric tyres on the menu for Valencia