The expected rain finally did not come on Saturday at San Marino Grand Prix on the iconic Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli.
Despite the sunshine, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona struggled in qualifying. The Brit, who is confident about his race pace, has given everything to get closer to the front rows. With eight tenths off the pole position, Sam Lowes will start from 15th on the grid.
Sam Lowes (15th – 1’37.970):
“It was a disappointing qualifying obviously. We just need to find a way for the qualifying. My race pace is very consistent and competitive for the Top 5, which is my goal for tomorrow. This is not my best track and I had a crash on Friday morning so I don’t feel great. The race will be difficult, but I think we have to key to fight for good positions.”
- New expanded format for British Talent Cup announced
- Ogden emerges victorious in dramatic Race 2 at Donington
- Horsman beats Ogden to the top step in Race 1
- Moto2™: Victory the next step for man of the moment Navarro?
- “If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough”
- Edwards: “The few years I had with Valentino were awesome”
- Moto2™/Moto3™ Barcelona test photo gallery
- De Puniet looking forward to a “great fight” in MotoE™
- Round 2: the British Talent Cup touches down in Donington
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ finish first day of testing in Barcelona