The expected rain finally did not come on Saturday at San Marino Grand Prix on the iconic Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli.
Despite the sunshine, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona struggled in qualifying. The Brit, who is confident about his race pace, has given everything to get closer to the front rows. With eight tenths off the pole position, Sam Lowes will start from 15th on the grid.
Sam Lowes (15th – 1’37.970):
“It was a disappointing qualifying obviously. We just need to find a way for the qualifying. My race pace is very consistent and competitive for the Top 5, which is my goal for tomorrow. This is not my best track and I had a crash on Friday morning so I don’t feel great. The race will be difficult, but I think we have to key to fight for good positions.”
- The 2019 Mission Winnow Ducati team presented at Neuchâtel
- In pictures: Ducati Team 2019
- SHARK Helmets to title sponsor French GP for three years
- Follow Ducati Team's presentation live!
- 2019 team presentations: all the dates
- Pedrosa to undergo surgery
- "I am very proud to belong to this family"
- Best photos: 2018 season
- Interrupted races: the rules evolve
- Massimo Rivola to be Aprilia Racing CEO