The expected rain finally did not come on Saturday at San Marino Grand Prix on the iconic Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli.
Despite the sunshine, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona struggled in qualifying. The Brit, who is confident about his race pace, has given everything to get closer to the front rows. With eight tenths off the pole position, Sam Lowes will start from 15th on the grid.
Sam Lowes (15th – 1’37.970):
“It was a disappointing qualifying obviously. We just need to find a way for the qualifying. My race pace is very consistent and competitive for the Top 5, which is my goal for tomorrow. This is not my best track and I had a crash on Friday morning so I don’t feel great. The race will be difficult, but I think we have to key to fight for good positions.”
- Quartararo "satisfied" with rollercoaster debut weekend
- It’s a triumph!
- Countdown to SHARK Helmets Grand Prix de France is on!
- Aleix races the Cape Epic ahead of Argentina
- Open-door policy: who are the FIM?
- Top five youngest Japanese race winners
- Dall’Igna: “We were a bit perplexed”
- Buasri rules Buriram in dramatic Race 2
- Munandar takes magnificent first win in Buriram
- Further information released following fire at MotoE™ Test