After a great opening day, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona were expecting a little bit more from the qualifying session of the Aragon Grand Prix at the MotorLand circuit.
Sam Lowes, who was fourth in the standings on Friday, finished 19th in qualifying just eight tenths behind Brad Binder. The Brit, confident about his pace, also hopes to do well in the race.
Sam Lowes (19th – 1’54.043):
“It was a terrible day, maybe the worst qualifying of the year, in my opinion, because my potential was a lot higher. I used the only hard tyre I had at the start, but then I made a few mistakes and got some traffic. On my best lap, I made a big mistake on the back straight, but my ideal lap is a lot quicker. Overall, my race pace is good to fight in the front. I’m disappointed about this day. I need to make a good start tomorrow.”
- Seabright storms Snetterton
- 2020 aero body regulations revised
- Summer report: Jack Miller - satellite star
- Catalonia: a motorcycle racer's haven?
- Still ten to go
- British Talent Cup rolls into Snetterton
- Summer report: Andrea Iannone - patience is a virtue
- Find out who was fastest in Challenge #4 !
- Summer report: Fabio Quartararo - the future has arrived
- Decisive victories at MotorLand Aragon