After a great opening day, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona were expecting a little bit more from the qualifying session of the Aragon Grand Prix at the MotorLand circuit.
Sam Lowes, who was fourth in the standings on Friday, finished 19th in qualifying just eight tenths behind Brad Binder. The Brit, confident about his pace, also hopes to do well in the race.
Sam Lowes (19th – 1’54.043):
“It was a terrible day, maybe the worst qualifying of the year, in my opinion, because my potential was a lot higher. I used the only hard tyre I had at the start, but then I made a few mistakes and got some traffic. On my best lap, I made a big mistake on the back straight, but my ideal lap is a lot quicker. Overall, my race pace is good to fight in the front. I’m disappointed about this day. I need to make a good start tomorrow.”
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019
- A promising start to preseason for MotoE™
- 2019 Asia Talent Cup calendar and entry list released