After a great opening day, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona were expecting a little bit more from the qualifying session of the Aragon Grand Prix at the MotorLand circuit.
Sam Lowes, who was fourth in the standings on Friday, finished 19th in qualifying just eight tenths behind Brad Binder. The Brit, confident about his pace, also hopes to do well in the race.
Sam Lowes (19th – 1’54.043):
“It was a terrible day, maybe the worst qualifying of the year, in my opinion, because my potential was a lot higher. I used the only hard tyre I had at the start, but then I made a few mistakes and got some traffic. On my best lap, I made a big mistake on the back straight, but my ideal lap is a lot quicker. Overall, my race pace is good to fight in the front. I’m disappointed about this day. I need to make a good start tomorrow.”
- Binder claims unforgettable first podium
- Bautista: “I’m so happy and proud of all my team”
- P3 in Japan “very special” for Rins
- The best photos from Marquez' magnificent 2018 season
- #Level7: the numbers behind Marquez' 2018 season
- 2018: a season of supreme consistency for Marquez
- Magnificent 7: a Champion's profile
- Level 7 achieved: social media reacts
- Magnificent 7: Marquez seals title with win in Motegi
- Dovizioso: “I’m so happy about the level we are at now”