After a great opening day, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona were expecting a little bit more from the qualifying session of the Aragon Grand Prix at the MotorLand circuit.
Sam Lowes, who was fourth in the standings on Friday, finished 19th in qualifying just eight tenths behind Brad Binder. The Brit, confident about his pace, also hopes to do well in the race.
Sam Lowes (19th – 1’54.043):
“It was a terrible day, maybe the worst qualifying of the year, in my opinion, because my potential was a lot higher. I used the only hard tyre I had at the start, but then I made a few mistakes and got some traffic. On my best lap, I made a big mistake on the back straight, but my ideal lap is a lot quicker. Overall, my race pace is good to fight in the front. I’m disappointed about this day. I need to make a good start tomorrow.”
- “Main goal is to secure a factory seat” – Miller
- British Talent Cup get set for Silverstone season opener
- “I knew he’d get there at some point, just not that quick!”
- Ducati’s double title charge
- Aprilia, Ducati, KTM, Suzuki and Yamaha go testing
- Josh Herrin nails down victory at COTA
- Puig: “We don’t know what happened to Lorenzo”
- How do you connect with MotoGP™?
- Quartararo: The not-so-rookie, rookie
- Viñales penalty: a victory costing mistake?