After a great opening day, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona were expecting a little bit more from the qualifying session of the Aragon Grand Prix at the MotorLand circuit.
Sam Lowes, who was fourth in the standings on Friday, finished 19th in qualifying just eight tenths behind Brad Binder. The Brit, confident about his pace, also hopes to do well in the race.
Sam Lowes (19th – 1’54.043):
“It was a terrible day, maybe the worst qualifying of the year, in my opinion, because my potential was a lot higher. I used the only hard tyre I had at the start, but then I made a few mistakes and got some traffic. On my best lap, I made a big mistake on the back straight, but my ideal lap is a lot quicker. Overall, my race pace is good to fight in the front. I’m disappointed about this day. I need to make a good start tomorrow.”
- Moto2™ and Moto3™: KTM testing at Jerez
- Last call: what can we expect at the Qatar Test?
- Estrella Galicia 0,0 present 2019 project in Madrid
- 40 years, 23 seasons: a celebration of Rossi
- #Rossi40: All the birthday wishes from fans on social media
- Canal+: a new era of MotoGP™ coverage begins in France
- #Rossi40: 40 photos to celebrate 40 years
- The Team Kömmerling Gresini Moto3™ project is unveiled
- Jake Dixon ready for the challenge in Moto2™
- 46 turns 40: Rossi week on motogp.com