Sam Lowes, who started from 19th on the grid, had a more difficult start to the race. After dropping down to 21st just after the start, the Brit slowly set his pace and finished 17th.
The two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders will be back in a few days’ time at the Australian Grand Prix at the stunning Phillip Island circuit.
Sam Lowes (17th):
“I was strong for the second half of the race. Just the first half of the race using our setting is really complicated for me with the full tank. I was slow at the start. It was important to finish the race to go to Phillip Island in a good way.”
- Quartararo "satisfied" with rollercoaster debut weekend
- It’s a triumph!
- Countdown to SHARK Helmets Grand Prix de France is on!
- Aleix races the Cape Epic ahead of Argentina
- Open-door policy: who are the FIM?
- Top five youngest Japanese race winners
- Dall’Igna: “We were a bit perplexed”
- Buasri rules Buriram in dramatic Race 2
- Munandar takes magnificent first win in Buriram
- Further information released following fire at MotoE™ Test