Sam Lowes, who started from 19th on the grid, had a more difficult start to the race. After dropping down to 21st just after the start, the Brit slowly set his pace and finished 17th.
The two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders will be back in a few days’ time at the Australian Grand Prix at the stunning Phillip Island circuit.
Sam Lowes (17th):
“I was strong for the second half of the race. Just the first half of the race using our setting is really complicated for me with the full tank. I was slow at the start. It was important to finish the race to go to Phillip Island in a good way.”
- The ‘Little Samurai’: a swansong in Valencia
- Aegerter signs with MV Agusta Forward Racing for 2019
- Who dares wins: the Cup goes down to the wire at Valencia
- FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup: rider and regulation updates
- MotoGP™ remains on Network 10 in Australia for 3 more years
- Meet the rookies: 2019 edition
- Time schedule: Valencia GP
- Rossi: the tenth is possible
- Stoner and Ducati to end their collaboration
- Full set of asymmetric tyres on the menu for Valencia