Sam Lowes, who started from 19th on the grid, had a more difficult start to the race. After dropping down to 21st just after the start, the Brit slowly set his pace and finished 17th.
The two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders will be back in a few days’ time at the Australian Grand Prix at the stunning Phillip Island circuit.
Sam Lowes (17th):
“I was strong for the second half of the race. Just the first half of the race using our setting is really complicated for me with the full tank. I was slow at the start. It was important to finish the race to go to Phillip Island in a good way.”
- New expanded format for British Talent Cup announced
- Ogden emerges victorious in dramatic Race 2 at Donington
- Horsman beats Ogden to the top step in Race 1
- Moto2™: Victory the next step for man of the moment Navarro?
- “If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough”
- Edwards: “The few years I had with Valentino were awesome”
- Moto2™/Moto3™ Barcelona test photo gallery
- De Puniet looking forward to a “great fight” in MotoE™
- Round 2: the British Talent Cup touches down in Donington
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ finish first day of testing in Barcelona