After yesterday’s practice sessions for the season-ending Valencia GP when he had shown signs of competitiveness, Scott Redding ran into some difficult qualifiers today and in the end had to settle for the eighth row with a time of 1’35.171. However, given his pace in the wet, the conditions forecast for tomorrow could put him in play for a good performance.
“In the wet we were able to find a bit of improvement, but with the track drying out, I didn’t have the same good feeling as yesterday. In the grip changes, the bike gets twitchy and I lost confidence, which is a factor that limited me quite a bit in qualifying. The race should be in the rain and that could help us, although it won’t be easy starting from behind.”
- History made at the KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- “It’s a dream come true” – MotoGP™ authorities on KymiRing
- Everyone's a winner: vast and fast, Silverstone awaits
- Marquez vs Moto2™: can the field triumph over the form man?
- Moot point? The Moto3™ duel lands in the UK
- MotoGP™ KymiRing test ready for lift off in Finland
- "Top speed and braking stability are important"
- Fabio Quartararo shares his secrets to a fast lap
- KTM, Red Bull and Ajo Motorsport to continue collaboration