A wet track and a few drops of rain joined the Moto2 riders on Saturday morning for the final free practice session of the Valencia Grand Prix.
Despite these challenging conditions, Sam Lowes finished second only three tenths off the best time. The Brit, who is very confident in both dry and wet conditions, confirmed his pace during qualifying by setting the sixth-fastest time. Confident about the final race of the year, Sam Lowes says he is delighted with his pace since the beginning of the weekend.
Sam Lowes (6th – 1’35.777):
“This morning in the rain, I felt quite good. We decided to stay on the track a long time because tomorrow it could probably be wet. In qualifying, I was a little bit cautious for the most of the session. I saw my times from the test at the beginning of the year here, and I knew I had to be on the track until the end while it was drying. I’m a little bit annoyed because on my last lap I made a little mistake in Turn 2. But I’m happy with the second row, I felt quite good all the session. Dry or wet tomorrow, I’m feeling great.”
- “Main goal is to secure a factory seat” – Miller
- British Talent Cup get set for Silverstone season opener
- “I knew he’d get there at some point, just not that quick!”
- Ducati’s double title charge
- Aprilia, Ducati, KTM, Suzuki and Yamaha go testing
- Josh Herrin nails down victory at COTA
- Puig: “We don’t know what happened to Lorenzo”
- How do you connect with MotoGP™?
- Quartararo: The not-so-rookie, rookie
- Viñales penalty: a victory costing mistake?