Team Federal Oil Gresini’sSam Loweshas claimed a second-row start in today’s Moto2 qualifying for the Qatar Grand Prix – the opening round of the 2019 Moto2 World Championship.
By his own admission, the former World Supersport Champion was unable to put together the perfect lap – despite having the speed to do so – and with a personal best time of 1’58.845 he will line up on the sixth slot of the grid. Lowes was 0.260secs slower than pole man Marcel Schrotter, although only 61 thousandths of a second away from second position.
The opening race of the 2019 Moto2 World Championship will get underway tomorrow at 18:20 local time (GMT +3).
“We’ll start the first race of the year in P6. I didn’t do the bast job in qualifying: I was simply unable to put together that one lap that I know I could have done. Overall I’m quite happy though, because we have done a good job so far. There’s always a little bit of extra pressure in the first qualifying of the season, but we were consistent throughout the session and our pace for tomorrow is good. I just have to relax tonight and do a good job in the race. Looking forward to tomorrow and thanks to the team for their hard work.”
- Global Series Round 2: sustaining speed at Sepang
- Rigorous tyre test awaits at MotorLand Aragon
- Time schedule: changes to the GP Michelin® de Aragon
- Engines ON for Aragon!
- Marquez vs Fernandez: is this the duel for the crown?
- Is Dalla Porta now in the Moto3™ driving seat?
- On your marks! Round 2 of the 2019 Global Series is here!
- Changes to Moto2™ and Moto3™ regulations announced
- Johann Zarco replaced by Mika Kallio for rest of 2019 season
- Kaito Toba joins Red Bull KTM Ajo for the 2020 Moto3™ season