Team Federal Oil Gresini’sSam Loweshas claimed a second-row start in today’s Moto2 qualifying for the Qatar Grand Prix – the opening round of the 2019 Moto2 World Championship.
By his own admission, the former World Supersport Champion was unable to put together the perfect lap – despite having the speed to do so – and with a personal best time of 1’58.845 he will line up on the sixth slot of the grid. Lowes was 0.260secs slower than pole man Marcel Schrotter, although only 61 thousandths of a second away from second position.
The opening race of the 2019 Moto2 World Championship will get underway tomorrow at 18:20 local time (GMT +3).
“We’ll start the first race of the year in P6. I didn’t do the bast job in qualifying: I was simply unable to put together that one lap that I know I could have done. Overall I’m quite happy though, because we have done a good job so far. There’s always a little bit of extra pressure in the first qualifying of the season, but we were consistent throughout the session and our pace for tomorrow is good. I just have to relax tonight and do a good job in the race. Looking forward to tomorrow and thanks to the team for their hard work.”
- New expanded format for British Talent Cup announced
- Ogden emerges victorious in dramatic Race 2 at Donington
- Horsman beats Ogden to the top step in Race 1
- Moto2™: Victory the next step for man of the moment Navarro?
- “If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough”
- Edwards: “The few years I had with Valentino were awesome”
- Moto2™/Moto3™ Barcelona test photo gallery
- De Puniet looking forward to a “great fight” in MotoE™
- Round 2: the British Talent Cup touches down in Donington
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ finish first day of testing in Barcelona