In eighth and ninth rows on the grid at the Qatar Grand Prix, Darryn Binder and Tom Booth-Amos unfortunately suffered bad luck, crashing out shortly after the start.
The opening weekend of the 2019 campaign got off to a good start for the two CIP-GREEN POWER rider. Tom Booth-Amos was in 27th, 2.3 seconds off the reference.
Tom Booth-Amos, after a brief pit stop after his crash, rejoined the race to cross the line in 24th.
The two riders of the team led by Alain Bronec are already focusing on the next round scheduled on March 31st in Argentina.
“At the beginning of the race, I felt good. I was able to overtake many riders. It was a good thing, but I made a mistake at Turn 6. I’m sorry, but it’s the race. However, we took a step forward this weekend and we are getting closer to where we need to be. I thank the team and I want to apologise for the crash.”
- Quartararo "satisfied" with rollercoaster debut weekend
- It’s a triumph!
- Countdown to SHARK Helmets Grand Prix de France is on!
- Aleix races the Cape Epic ahead of Argentina
- Open-door policy: who are the FIM?
- Top five youngest Japanese race winners
- Dall’Igna: “We were a bit perplexed”
- Buasri rules Buriram in dramatic Race 2
- Munandar takes magnificent first win in Buriram
- Further information released following fire at MotoE™ Test