John McPhee was the fastest man in FP3 in Argentina today and in the combined Free Practice standings; although in the race he will start from eleventh place on the grid.
John had set the pace on Friday, and he carried this over into FP3, lowering his time by almost a second with a 1:48.959. The PETRONAS Sprinta Racing man was the only rider to break into the 1:48s.
John opted for a single-stint strategy but was unable to launch an attack on pole on his final lap. The PETRONAS Sprinta Racing rider will start from 11th on the starting grid, thanks to the 1:49.459 time he set on the penultimate lap of the qualifying session.
The 21-lap Moto3 Argentina GP will get underway on Sunday at 12pm local time.
#17 John McPhee
“My pace has been very good and fast throughout the weekend, and the bike is going very well. The team are doing a good job, and my race pace in FP3 especially was very strong. The objective for today was to qualify on the first two rows of the grid and we couldn’t do that, which is a shame. I rode alone and I made a small mistake on my fastest lap, leaving me a little far back. The important thing is that I am feeling strong this weekend. The race is going to be exciting and I’m confident that we can do a good job.”
- Ducati Team unveil 2020 bikes
- Photo gallery: Ducati Team 2020 launch
- Pawi: "It was a long recovery, but now the feeling is good"
- 2020 MotoGP™ calendar officially confirmed
- Arbolino: "I’m ready for any condition and challenge"
- What does 2020 hold for the manufacturers? Part 5: KTM
- Is 2020 MV Agusta’s time to shine again?
- What does 2020 hold for the manufacturers? Part 4: Suzuki
- Watch Ducati Team’s 2020 presentation LIVE!
- Belgian Motorcycle Academy joins the Road to MotoGP™