Good news have come from South America as Sam Lowes gets back to Moto2 Parc Fermé almost one year after his last appearance, as he claimed third place in #ArgentinaGP qualifying.
It has been a very important Friday for the standard bearer of Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2, who worked really well on his race pace in this morning’s free practice – as his Friday’s lap-time was quick enough to grant him direct access to Q2 – before making the most of the 15 minutes of qualifying to log a competitive 1’42.738secs lap-time, which was only 0.012secs slower than Vierge’s pole time.
This third place surely left a bittersweet taste in Lowes’s mouth as the former World Supersport champion wanted to repeat his 2016 pole here at Termas; despite that, he is confident of his winning chances in tomorrow’s race, which gets underway at 13:20 local time (GMT -3).
3rd – SAM LOWES #22
“I didn’t use my time at the start and did my best lap in the end. I didn’t have a good feeling and we maybe took a little bit of a wrong direction – my fault, because we made the wrong tyre choice at the front. So yeah I shook my head not for the performance per se, but because we knew we could have taken pole position. Overall things went really good: we had an excellent FP3 so even though our grid position is not the best, the work done in the morning put us in a good condition for the race.”
- Lorenzo, Biaggi and Anderson to become MotoGP™ Legends
- What does 2020 hold for the manufacturers? Part 2: Yamaha
- Inaugural Northern Talent Cup riders and calendar confirmed
- Marquez nominated for Laureus Award
- Just two days left to apply for the 2020 FIM CEV Repsol!
- Save the Date: MotoGP™ presentations are here!
- Junior Talent Team 2020 line-up announced
- What does 2020 hold for the manufacturers? Part 1: Honda
- Miller auctions helmet for bushfire crisis
- R&G set to protect the British Talent Cup