A few weeks after the inaugural race in Losail, the MotoGP World Championship riders were back on track in Argentina for the second round of the season at the Termas de Rio Hondo circuit.
The rain did not affect the weekend, so that the two CIP-GREEN POWER team riders were able to adjust their KTMs for the race. Tom Booth-Amos made steady progress throughout the weekend. The Brit, who also had to go to Q1, qualified in 27th. After a good start, he made a great race and eventually crossed the line in 18th, less than ten seconds after the winner. Tom Booth-Amos is already looking forward to scoring points during the next round, which is scheduled for April 12–14 in Austin, USA.
Tom Booth-Amos (18th):
“First of all, I would like to congratulate Darryn on this amazing race! He was fast and this podium is a great achievement. On my side, I’m very happy with my race. I managed to follow the group for the win before losing some ground on the last laps. I finished around nine seconds behind the winner, and that bodes well for the future. The team did a great job. I would have liked to score a few points, but we are very close to that. That will be our goal in Austin.”
- “Main goal is to secure a factory seat” – Miller
- British Talent Cup get set for Silverstone season opener
- “I knew he’d get there at some point, just not that quick!”
- Ducati’s double title charge
- Aprilia, Ducati, KTM, Suzuki and Yamaha go testing
- Josh Herrin nails down victory at COTA
- Puig: “We don’t know what happened to Lorenzo”
- How do you connect with MotoGP™?
- Quartararo: The not-so-rookie, rookie
- Viñales penalty: a victory costing mistake?