Sama Qatar Ángel Nieto Team rider Jake Dixon will miss the Spanish Grand Prix next weekend as he continues his recovery from a crash during free practice at the Grand Prix of the Americas. Dixon underwent medical tests in Austin and even though the results were positive, further checks at home in the UK have led to the British rider, along with his team and doctors, deciding that the best thing for his recovery is to miss the next round of the season in Spain.
The Sama Qatar Ángel Nieto Team will make an announcement next week regarding Dixon’s replacement at the fourth round of the season, which will take place at the Jerez – Ángel Nieto Circuit.
“I am sad not to be racing at Jerez and sad for my team for all of the hard work they have put in. As hard as it is and will be to sit this one out I know this is the right option for long term safety for myself. I have been to see specialists here in the UK and had relevant observations and tests, the last visit concluded that I was still unfit to ride. I’m a racer, I want to race, but for now I rest and do the relevant exercises I have been given so I can come back strong. I’ll be missing my Sama Qatar Ángel Nieto Team.”
- Find out who was fastest in Challenge #4 !
- Summer report: Fabio Quartararo - the future has arrived
- Decisive victories at MotorLand Aragon
- “Sometimes a bit of an injury can work in your favour”
- Fit your wet tyres! Online Challenge #4 is ready to go!
- The official poster for the San Marino GP is launched
- Puig vows Lorenzo "will fight to be back" for Czech GP
- Binder confirmed to make 2020 MotoGP™ move
- Yamaha will test 2020 prototype at Brno test
- MotorLand Aragon welcomes the FIM CEV Repsol