Sama Qatar Ángel Nieto Team rider Jake Dixon will miss the Spanish Grand Prix next weekend as he continues his recovery from a crash during free practice at the Grand Prix of the Americas. Dixon underwent medical tests in Austin and even though the results were positive, further checks at home in the UK have led to the British rider, along with his team and doctors, deciding that the best thing for his recovery is to miss the next round of the season in Spain.
The Sama Qatar Ángel Nieto Team will make an announcement next week regarding Dixon’s replacement at the fourth round of the season, which will take place at the Jerez – Ángel Nieto Circuit.
“I am sad not to be racing at Jerez and sad for my team for all of the hard work they have put in. As hard as it is and will be to sit this one out I know this is the right option for long term safety for myself. I have been to see specialists here in the UK and had relevant observations and tests, the last visit concluded that I was still unfit to ride. I’m a racer, I want to race, but for now I rest and do the relevant exercises I have been given so I can come back strong. I’ll be missing my Sama Qatar Ángel Nieto Team.”
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ finish first day of testing in Barcelona
- “Our priority is Pecco and Miller, but Miller doesn't agree”
- Luckless Viñales laments qualifying woes in Le Mans
- Guidotti and Alex Marquez discuss Pramac rumours
- Remembering Niki Lauda
- Barcelona hosts private Moto2™, Moto3™ test
- 60 years and 300 Grands Prix wins later
- Dovizioso: “The championship is completely open”
- P6 for Pol as all four KTMs bring home points in Le Mans
- Best photos: Shark Helmets Grand Prix de France