Bradley Smith rode a solid race, shaking off a bit of rust in the early stages due to his being a tester and not a full-time racer. The Aprilia test rider then found his rhythm, although limited by a less-than-perfect feeling with the front. He battled down to the finish with Oliveira, gaining the upper hand for seventeenth place.
“At the start of the race I was a bit rusty, but then things improved. Unfortunately, the medium front tyre did not help me to be incisive in braking, but I haven’t been able to try the hard compound much on the RS-GP and that is one of the things I intend to do in the tests tomorrow. This morning I felt good, but the high temperatures in the afternoon changed things. In the finale, I managed to ride better and be more decisive in the battle against the other riders. Overall, it was a positive weekend for the type of work that we are doing.”
- Find out who was fastest in Challenge #4 !
- Summer report: Fabio Quartararo - the future has arrived
- Decisive victories at MotorLand Aragon
- “Sometimes a bit of an injury can work in your favour”
- Fit your wet tyres! Online Challenge #4 is ready to go!
- The official poster for the San Marino GP is launched
- Puig vows Lorenzo "will fight to be back" for Czech GP
- Binder confirmed to make 2020 MotoGP™ move
- Yamaha will test 2020 prototype at Brno test
- MotorLand Aragon welcomes the FIM CEV Repsol