It was a very difficult race at Sam Lowes and Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 with the Briton who started the day with a second place in the warm up but also had a crash.
With the team able to fix the bike in time for the race, Lowes started the encounter from 26th position on grid and managed to display the excellent race pace shown in the dry during FP1. After a good start, Lowes kept his head down and was back in the points after only six laps.
With 16 laps to go, however, another crash came, this time at turn six: the English rider escaped uninjured but was forced to an early retirement.
Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 will be back on track in less than 48 hours with a two-day test at Montmeló on May 21-22.
“We started off well and the bike was OK, but we had the pace to be in the top-6/7… We still need to understand what’s not working: this weekend we made too many mistakes, so the Barcelona test can only be good for us. We need to find back the lost confidence, we’re quick but we still lack some rear-end grip. I must say that the crash was really strange, I lost the rear at the exit of turn six…”
- Crutchlow and Viñales meet Chelsea star at Stamford Bridge
- The British Talent Cup season finale arrives at Silverstone!
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Four front, rear slick tyre options selected for Silverstone
- Inaugural MotoGP™ KymiRing Test comes to a close
- Paranoid about the weather – surely not
- First Women in Motorsport conference takes place in Finland
- Aron Canet signs with Angel Nieto squad for 2020 Moto2™
- "It’s good to be back" – Lorenzo ahead of Silverstone return
- Slight changes to the Silverstone time schedule