Augusto Fernández continues to impress in the Moto2 World Championship, after securing a maiden front row start in Spain he was back on home soil to set his first pole position today in Barcelona. Fernández will be joined on the front row by Thomas Luthi and Sam Lowes, with Spanish pair Jorge Navarro and Álex Márquez looking to take down series leader Lorenzo Baldassarri – seventh fastest today – from the second row in fourth and sixth respectively.
Jake Dixon and Xavi Cardelús continued with their recent improvements, qualifying on the ninth and tenth rows of the grid respectively at the Grand Prix of Catalunya. The British rider finished just over half a second off factory KTM rider Brad Binder on just his second day riding at the Circuit de Barcelona – Cataluña, and he is hoping to gather more useful data to improve from with a strong race tomorrow.
26th Jake Dixon 1:45.505:
“We are improving the bike and my feeling with it. We have found a good way forward from the first session this weekend and we are moving step by step. The team found a good set-up for qualifying and that helped me on track. We are closer to the factory riders so I am happy because we are improving with every day we spend on the bike. I am adapting my style to help the situation too. Hopefully tomorrow we can have a good race and gather some more important data.”
- Enjoy ALL the MotoGP™ content for FREE
- Marquez & Quartararo just miss out on Virtual Race rostrum
- The world reacts to the first ever MotoGP™ Virtual Race
- Alex Marquez thanks Indonesia's Moe for Virtual Race victory
- Bagnaia delighted with "different" debut MotoGP™ podium
- Alex Marquez takes debut win in sensational Virtual Race
- Virtual Race: tune in for Round 1 - and get ready for more
- Puig: "Marc is a normal guy. But racing, he's an animal"
- Watch 10 of Valentino Rossi’s best races – for FREE!
- MotoGP™ Podcast in 2020: more platforms, more formats