Augusto Fernández continues to impress in the Moto2 World Championship, after securing a maiden front row start in Spain he was back on home soil to set his first pole position today in Barcelona. Fernández will be joined on the front row by Thomas Luthi and Sam Lowes, with Spanish pair Jorge Navarro and Álex Márquez looking to take down series leader Lorenzo Baldassarri – seventh fastest today – from the second row in fourth and sixth respectively.
Jake Dixon and Xavi Cardelús continued with their recent improvements, qualifying on the ninth and tenth rows of the grid respectively at the Grand Prix of Catalunya. The British rider finished just over half a second off factory KTM rider Brad Binder on just his second day riding at the Circuit de Barcelona – Cataluña, and he is hoping to gather more useful data to improve from with a strong race tomorrow.
26th Jake Dixon 1:45.505:
“We are improving the bike and my feeling with it. We have found a good way forward from the first session this weekend and we are moving step by step. The team found a good set-up for qualifying and that helped me on track. We are closer to the factory riders so I am happy because we are improving with every day we spend on the bike. I am adapting my style to help the situation too. Hopefully tomorrow we can have a good race and gather some more important data.”
- 2020 aero body regulations revised
- Summer report: Jack Miller - satellite star
- Catalonia: a motorcycle racer's haven?
- Still ten to go
- British Talent Cup rolls into Snetterton
- Summer report: Andrea Iannone - patience is a virtue
- Find out who was fastest in Challenge #4 !
- Summer report: Fabio Quartararo - the future has arrived
- Decisive victories at MotorLand Aragon
- “Sometimes a bit of an injury can work in your favour”