PETRONAS Sprinta Racing Moto3 rider John McPhee had an eventful race at the Barcelona-Catalunya Circuit.
Following a great race start, John was in contention for the victory and led the way for several laps, but on the final time around the track – when in fifth place – he took action to avoid a massive highside. Remarkably keeping upright, he crossed the line in 13th place. After the first seven races of the season, McPhee is 9th in the Moto3 World Championship, with a total of 47 points.
The next race for the PETRONAS Sprinta Racing team will be the Dutch GP at Assen, on June 28th-30th.
#17 John McPhee
“I’m a little frustrated with the final result, because during the whole race I gave my all. I felt very comfortable and the team did a fantastic job this weekend, so I have to thank them. I felt very good throughout the race, and was managing my pace well. When two or three riders passed me, I was able to quickly recover those positions. In a race you usually want to lead and be at the front, but you have to be careful on the brakes when there are so many riders in the front group.
What happened on the last lap was my mistake; it was frustrating, but I have to take away the fact that I was able to make the save and that I was consistent all weekend – especially today. I honestly don’t know how I managed to save that highside, but the important thing is that I did, and that I was able to finish the race in the points. I’m not happy with the result but I’m pleased about my pace. I’m looking forward to Assen.”
- Bendsneyder comes out on top in a British Moto2™ battle
- Nepa cruises to virtual Moto3™ win at Silverstone
- "Veni, vidi, vici" - Silverstone is Lorenzo's Land again
- Lorenzo takes wildcard win at Virtual British Grand Prix
- Dani Pedrosa: zen soundbites
- "He's considering me as a rival" - Rins talks Marquez
- This Sunday on BT Sport: Rossi interview and a 2013 review
- Crutchlow: "Miller has the talent to beat Marc"
- 2020 British and Australian Grands Prix cancelled
- KTM back on track at private Austria test