PETRONAS Sprinta Racing Moto3 rider John McPhee had an eventful race at the Barcelona-Catalunya Circuit.
Following a great race start, John was in contention for the victory and led the way for several laps, but on the final time around the track – when in fifth place – he took action to avoid a massive highside. Remarkably keeping upright, he crossed the line in 13th place. After the first seven races of the season, McPhee is 9th in the Moto3 World Championship, with a total of 47 points.
The next race for the PETRONAS Sprinta Racing team will be the Dutch GP at Assen, on June 28th-30th.
#17 John McPhee
“I’m a little frustrated with the final result, because during the whole race I gave my all. I felt very comfortable and the team did a fantastic job this weekend, so I have to thank them. I felt very good throughout the race, and was managing my pace well. When two or three riders passed me, I was able to quickly recover those positions. In a race you usually want to lead and be at the front, but you have to be careful on the brakes when there are so many riders in the front group.
What happened on the last lap was my mistake; it was frustrating, but I have to take away the fact that I was able to make the save and that I was consistent all weekend – especially today. I honestly don’t know how I managed to save that highside, but the important thing is that I did, and that I was able to finish the race in the points. I’m not happy with the result but I’m pleased about my pace. I’m looking forward to Assen.”
- Global Series Round 2: sustaining speed at Sepang
- Rigorous tyre test awaits at MotorLand Aragon
- Time schedule: changes to the GP Michelin® de Aragon
- Engines ON for Aragon!
- Marquez vs Fernandez: is this the duel for the crown?
- Is Dalla Porta now in the Moto3™ driving seat?
- On your marks! Round 2 of the 2019 Global Series is here!
- Changes to Moto2™ and Moto3™ regulations announced
- Johann Zarco replaced by Mika Kallio for rest of 2019 season
- Kaito Toba joins Red Bull KTM Ajo for the 2020 Moto3™ season