The Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya hosted the seventh round of the MotoGP World Championship this weekend. Darryn Binder and Tom Booth-Amos had a great race with some pretty strong fights and points for the two CIP-GREEN POWER riders.
Tom Booth-Amos, who was discovering the Catalan track, struggled during the practices. Even if the British rider starts from 26th position, he makes a strong and consistent race. He gradually moves up, and avoid many incidents. He improved his lap times and made his best four tenths off the fastest lap of the race. He finished ahead of his teammate with a great 14th place, scoring his first points.
These performances have plenty to thrill Alain Bronec, owner of the team, for the next races in the Netherlands and then in Germany.
Tom Booth-Amos (14th):
“Overall, it was a very good weekend and positive. I injured my collarbone on Wednesday, so I was not expecting to be in that group. I started off strong in FP1. I’ve never been in this track, so I learned a lot, following some guys. The FP2 was good, but with the rain at the end, I missed the last run. In qualifying, I made a mistake and I had to start from P26. During the race, I learned a lot from the others. I’m happy as I was with the lead group. But in the last four laps, I struggled a lot with my collarbone. Hopefully we can carry this on to Assen. I’ve there before so we’ll try again.”
- Enjoy ALL the MotoGP™ content for FREE
- Marquez & Quartararo just miss out on Virtual Race rostrum
- The world reacts to the first ever MotoGP™ Virtual Race
- Alex Marquez thanks Indonesia's Moe for Virtual Race victory
- Bagnaia delighted with "different" debut MotoGP™ podium
- Alex Marquez takes debut win in sensational Virtual Race
- Virtual Race: tune in for Round 1 - and get ready for more
- Puig: "Marc is a normal guy. But racing, he's an animal"
- Watch 10 of Valentino Rossi’s best races – for FREE!
- MotoGP™ Podcast in 2020: more platforms, more formats