PETRONAS Sprinta Racing Moto3 team experienced mixed fortunes in qualifying for the Dutch GP, as a fall in Q1 meant that John McPhee will require a raceday comeback from 20th.
John did not make it out of Q1, closing the session in 8th position. The Briton will thus start the Dutch GP from 20th place. He suffered a crash on his first stint on track, escaping unhurt but with his plans for the remainder of the session affected. His eventual best time was a 1min 42.455secs.
John was unable to match his best lap from yesterday, and his 1min 42.468 placed him 22nd in FP3.
The 22-lap Moto3 race will be held tomorrow at 11:00am local time.
#17 John McPhee
“At the beginning of the session we devised a plan: Make a pit stop and do two flying laps on each run. However, on my first fast lap I lost the front end and crashed. My pace was good at that time, but I made a mistake. I have to thank the team for repairing the bike so quickly and getting me back on track, even though I wasn’t able to make the cut for Q2. Tomorrow’s race will have a large group, and Assen is a circuit where a fightback is possible. Two years ago I started from 19th here and finished on the podium, so we have to put today behind us and focus on tomorrow’s race.”
- Global Series Round 2: sustaining speed at Sepang
- Rigorous tyre test awaits at MotorLand Aragon
- Time schedule: changes to the GP Michelin® de Aragon
- Engines ON for Aragon!
- Marquez vs Fernandez: is this the duel for the crown?
- Is Dalla Porta now in the Moto3™ driving seat?
- On your marks! Round 2 of the 2019 Global Series is here!
- Changes to Moto2™ and Moto3™ regulations announced
- Johann Zarco replaced by Mika Kallio for rest of 2019 season
- Kaito Toba joins Red Bull KTM Ajo for the 2020 Moto3™ season