PETRONAS Sprinta Racing’s John McPhee had an excellent raceday at Assen today, finishing in fifth position after a great performance, despite starting from the seventh row of the grid.
Although he would take off from 20th place on the grid, John used his pace to steadily gain places, making up 15 before the chequered flag. He reached the leading group in the final part of the race, getting past several from that pack to claim his fifth place. John now occupies eighth in the standings of the World Championship with a total of 58 points.
The next event for PETRONAS Sprinta Racing will be the German GP, held next week at Sachsenring from July 5th to 7th.
#17 John McPhee
“That was one of the toughest races I’ve ever experienced. Throughout the weekend I had been able to set a good pace riding alone, but the crash in qualifying forced me to start from far back on the grid. The first laps were very crazy, with a lot of riders doing risky maneuvers. Reaching the front group was very difficult, but finishing in P5 is a great result that gains me some positions in the standings. I can’t wait to get to Sachsenring. Last year I got on the podium there, so I’m looking forward to the race.”
- Global Series Round 2: sustaining speed at Sepang
- Rigorous tyre test awaits at MotorLand Aragon
- Time schedule: changes to the GP Michelin® de Aragon
- Engines ON for Aragon!
- Marquez vs Fernandez: is this the duel for the crown?
- Is Dalla Porta now in the Moto3™ driving seat?
- On your marks! Round 2 of the 2019 Global Series is here!
- Changes to Moto2™ and Moto3™ regulations announced
- Johann Zarco replaced by Mika Kallio for rest of 2019 season
- Kaito Toba joins Red Bull KTM Ajo for the 2020 Moto3™ season