Dorna Sports has announced that the Red Bull Ring will remain on the MotoGP™ calendar until at least 2025. Previously confirmed until 2020, a contract extension secures the future of one of the most spectacular venues of the season from 2021-2025.
In 2016, motorcycle Grand Prix racing returned to Austria and the Red Bull Ring for the first time since 1997 and the event was voted the best Grand Prix of the year. Set in the hills of Styria, the incredible scenery and facilities make Spielberg a highlight of the season both on- and off-track – and MotoGP™ is now confirmed to return for at least another six Grands Prix.
Dietrich Mateschitz, CEO of Red Bull:
“For me, MotoGP is the most attractive racing series in the world. It offers motorsport in its purest form. MotoGP has been coming to the Red Bull Ring for four years now and the excitement and enthusiasm for it remains unchanged. It’s our pleasure to welcome motorcycle Grand Prix racing for a further five years beyond 2020. Securing the experience for the fans on site at the racetrack, as well as for the viewers of ServusTV, the contract extension is our long-term commitment to this fascinating sport and an expression of personal appreciation for Carmelo Ezpeleta.”
Carmelo Ezpeleta, CEO of Dorna Sports:
“It makes me very happy to announce that we will be returning to this track until at least 2025. I think everyone would agree it’s one of the most beautiful circuits in the world and it’s a pleasure for us to race here. Being KTM’s home track, it’s also an important weekend for our newest manufacturer and for Austrian motorsport. The facilities and organisation are excellent, the grandstands are packed and the atmosphere is really unique here in Spielberg – I look forward to many more years working together.”
- History made at the KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- “It’s a dream come true” – MotoGP™ authorities on KymiRing
- Everyone's a winner: vast and fast, Silverstone awaits
- Marquez vs Moto2™: can the field triumph over the form man?
- Moot point? The Moto3™ duel lands in the UK
- MotoGP™ KymiRing test ready for lift off in Finland
- "Top speed and braking stability are important"
- Fabio Quartararo shares his secrets to a fast lap
- KTM, Red Bull and Ajo Motorsport to continue collaboration